cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: managing my safety and depression

@mspaceK my only in person support is gone so I can’t really go anywhere.. also I don’t have a gp still because we haven’t needed one since we moved. I don’t know where I can go or what to do.. I think I’ll just wait in pain till my counsellor is back 😕 it’s really my only choice
I’m currently home alone and I’m always alone after school while my parents work so I can’t really surround myself with people which really sucks because it kinda forces me to be safe.
If there is a memorable service I don’t think I’ll be able to go to school that day.. I’ll be too upset
Thank you for replying Smiley Happy

Hey @scared01 Smiley Happy
Thanks for the reply
I’m not good at talking to my parents and find it really hard to talk about myself with them and anyone really.. it’s ok when I don’t have to physically say it out loud but even writing things to my parents is hard because of past experiences. So I isolate myself from my parents when it comes to my mental health problems and whatever..

@Bananatime04 I think @scared01 might mean the Emergency Department in a hospital.

I've gone there a couple of times when I wasn't feeling safe.

It can be pretty scary but also can really help keep you safe. 

Oops sorry @Tiny_leaf 😐
I’m just gonna remove what I said.. I’m so retarded
I have a long walk to the emergency department but if I do need to go there I will keep it in mind.. I’m not sure how I’ll go getting myself to walk that far if I don’t feel safe tho

Hey @BrendaAnderson Smiley Happy
I can’t actually see what you posted..

Hey @Bananatime04.
I’m here if you need to chat. Please take care of yourself!

@Bananatime04 no you're not.

Acronyms can mean a lot of things depending on context. Plus you might've known it as the ER or A&E or something else. I personally had no idea what ED meant when I first heard it (I've watched too many American medical dramas Smiley Tongue)

Would taking a bus work?

Either that or you could view it as just going for a walk. Sometimes having some fresh air can really help. You could maybe go for a walk in the hospital's general direction if you start feeling unsafe.

If you're still not feeling safe by the time you get to the hospital, you can go in, or even just wait nearby so that if things get worse the hospital's right there. 

Thanks @xXLexi_Lou122Xx Smiley Happy
I’d love to chat with you! Although.. idk what we can talk about. Any ideas?

Thanks @Tiny_leaf Smiley Sad I still believe I am tho
I don’t know the busses around here because I haven’t had a chance to look at them since I moved here 😕 and I also find public busses really scary especially with men there and me by myself.. it’s just a fear I have
I suppose I could walk but it’s 2.5km away.. I just checked. I don’t know if I can stay safe if it’s that far because that would take me ages and I’ll be walking alone and seriously can’t trust myself. Maybe I should just go sit next to Mum if I feel unsafe, if she’s home when I don’t feel safe