cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: managing my safety and depression

@Bananatime04 I agree with you on the bus thing...

They can be terrifying but apparently some people can just.. take them somehow? Idk how though.

Sitting next to your mum sounds like a really good idea.

If your mum's not at home, maybe you could go somewhere without stuff that you could harm yourself with?

I remember once I blocked my bedroom door, literally sat on my own hands to avoid hurting myself, and didn't move until someone came home and I felt safer. 

It wasn't fun but it did keep me safe.

Highlighted

Umm... no, I don’t have any ideas...

Actually, have you ever one an award at school before?

Yea I don’t think I’m ever gonna get over that fear anymore 😟 it’s literally so traumatic being around other men I don’t know.. even being around male teachers when they come over to me is scary! That’s how bad my fears are but idk how to get help for something like that

Even without harmful objects I will find a way to hurt myself if I really wanted to.. I can’t tell you how I done it tho because I don’t wanna say a method of self harm.. I think that’s breaking the guidelines but my point is, I don’t need anything to harm myself which is scary and why I can’t trust myself

Yea I’ve gotten a few actually.. in year 6 I got primary school dux award and maths then year 7 I got a maths and secondary academic award and this year I got an application to study award Smiley Happy
What about you?

I'm sorry @Bananatime04 . That sounds like such a tough situation to be in and it is a huge responsibility to keep yourself safe and have the weight of everything while you wait for your counsellor to get back. What do you think you will do to help yourself get through this? 

It’s ok @mspaceK don’t be sorry Smiley Happy
I’ll just take each day as it comes and try my best not to worry about the days ahead of me.
I think the best thing I can do is try keep myself occupied and distracted so I don’t have time to hurt myself let alone think of it.. but night times might be tough as that’s when I feel the worst and don’t have anything to do especially if I’m trying to sleep and can’t. Oh well, I’ll be fine and I’ll get through it Smiley Happy

Ooh~
Those are pretty cool!
In year 6, I got an Urquhart Family Citizenship Award, which is the name of the principal of the first principal of my school. I think it was because of my participation in sooo many extracurricular activities. I also went to a thing called Running Club, and did over 100 kms in 3 school terms. I got a trophy for that. Then in year 7, I got 2 medals. 1 for instrumental strings, and the other for visual arts. I also won a second place prize for an art competition. Then this year, I haven’t gotten anything yet, because our awards night is in October or November. Except for a “Student of the Week” tuckshop voucher, and a certificate.

But that’s all because I absolutely love extracurricular activities. I participate in a lot... heheh... 😅

Oh wow good job!
I have gotten a lot of medals from athletics, swimming and cross country’s and state schools sports things but I wasn’t sure if they counted as awards..
also not sure if that’s breaking the guidelines as people might be able to find what school you go to by knowing the name of your principal but that sounds like a great achievement!
The 100km is pretty impressive too.. 😅

Lol.
It might be, let me just change that... Smiley Wink

I guess I like running, but I don’t get to do it much anymore, because of how far away I live from the school now.

I also got a few sports awards, but that was because of my awesome javelin skills. I got first place, but only because no one else showed up... that was this year and last year. Smiley Sad
I got second in shootout this year, and third last year. I also got first for long jump last year, but this year I didn’t do it. I fainted on the running track before the event, so I got sent home before the event.

What sports awards did you get?

In primary school I can’t remember how I went in athletics or swimming but in cross country I always come second in my grade and first for the girls.. this boy was always better than me and we always competed against each other and obviously, he was better
I’m grade 7 I got track and field champions for my school and also broke the triple jump record twice for that grade and done the same in year 8 but broke it 3 times. I come first in all running events and long jump and high jump in both year 7 and 8 but javelin and shotput and discus were not my thing 😆 I suck at those
Then this year I moved to a hugeeee school but I come first in high jump, second in long jump and triple jump, 4th in sprints and missed long distances.. oops 😬 I also failed in javelin, discus and shotput yet again
Then for states I hurt my knee and couldn’t go this year.. it was last week actually. Last year I got field runner up and same for year 7
Swimming was bad..
cross country I won at my old school for year 7 and 8 but this year was also bad.
I think I have asthma. My coach told me last night I need to see a doctor about it because I couldn’t breathe and my chest was so tight and hurt a lottt
Do you have asthma?