cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: managing my safety and depression

Oof... asthma sucks real bad...

No, I don’t have diagnosed asthma, but I do have a weird fainting problem. It could be similar, but I also have a really bad reaction when deodorant is sprayed at school. Especially when it’s lynx deodorant, and usually men’s.

Those awards are better than mine honestly, and I’m impressed that you got through it with your asthma. My school doesn’t have a pool, and we don’t hire one either, so we don’t do swimming. Smiley Sad I like swimming, and I can train in my own pool. Especially when I’m in the water, I make a fast amount of time.

Do you know what your fastest time is to run 100m? Mine is 17.78 seconds, but I wasn’t in my special running gear or wearing my running shoes. I could’ve been that little bit faster, but it’s pretty good.
Highlighted

The asthma symptoms only started this year and I haven’t been diagnosed so I can’t actually say I have it but intense exercise closes my airways and makes my chest go really tight and hurts.. I struggle to breathe so much that I like squeak 😂
We don’t have a pool at our school.. we go to the local aquatic centre. I wish I had a pool at my house! But I live in tassie.. not usually pools here
I’m gonna have to check with my PE teacher what my 100m sprint was but I don’t think it’s my fastest. My fastest would’ve been last year but I moved schools so can’t see it. I’ll let you know this years tho Smiley Happy

@Bananatime04 That's okay. I know the night time can be tough to get through. I like your attitude though. Keep to your strategies and you'll get through this. And we're here to support you. 

Thanks @mspaceK
I sent the school nurse a message because last time my school counsellor went on holiday I spoke with her and I forgot about her because she didn’t set me up with any appointments and I’ve also got a new problem. I can’t talk about it yet because I need to be diagnosed first Smiley Sad
It’s really scary tho
I’m gonna try sleep now because I really don’t trust myself to be awake. I’m trying my best tho
I’m sorry I’m such a disappointment but I do try

Hi @Bananatime04, thanks for letting us know how you're going tonight. I'm sorry to hear that you self harmed. Do you need medical attention right now? Heart

I just wanted to say that we don't see you as a disappointment at all. It is obvious to all of us how hard you are trying, and as @mspaceK mentioned, we are all here to support you on this journey.

Aw thank you so much @mrmusic
I already dealt with my self harm as well as I could be motivated to so I’ll be ok
Thank you guys for making me feel wanted. That really does mean a lot to me

Hey @Bananatime04

I'm really concerned to hear what has happened. As you know we really really care about your wellbeing at ReachOut, and it's incredibly important to us that you keep yourself as safe as possible. I can't imagine how you must be feelin gright now, but I do want you to know how important you are, not just to the ReachOut community, but also to your loved ones. 

I know it can be hard to ask or use professional help, especially if you are feeling low or don't want to talk to anyone, but I really want to encourage you to call a helpline now. Unfortunately, while we can support and provide acceptance and care on ReachOut, we aren't able to provide the type of counselling help that you might be needing right now. 

I'm also letting you know that I just removed your post, as it might be too graphic for some members of the RO community. 

Sending my care Heart

@Bananatime04 I hope your night is better and you are able to sleep. Talking to your school nurse sounds like a really brave and good thing to do. I had to speak to my mental health nurse today just to get up and out of my room. It's okay to need the extra help. 

Hey @Bananatime04!
How are you today?

Hey @Bananatime04, way to go on starting the new thread! Sorry for the late reply, I haven't logged on for the last few days. I'm sorry to hear that things are a bit tough, I hope today is better. 

You mentioned that you're experiencing a problem, but that you don't want to talk about it because it hasn't been diagnosed yet. That's completely okay, but if you do want to chat about it, I hope you know your feelings and experiencing are still 100% valid, diagnosis or no diagnosis. 

Thinking of you tonight xx