cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: managing my safety and depression

Oops, I see @Taylor-RO "stole" the list idea before I got a chance to post it Smiley Tongue

Great minds think alike @Tiny_leaf! I made a little example of a decision matrix here @Bananatime04. I use this kind of matrix style as sometimes a simple list is not enough for such a complex decision!

matrix.PNG

Hey @Taylor-RO and @Tiny_leaf thank you guys Heart
My friends from my old home were suggesting making a pros and cons list as well and so did my best friend that moved to NSW Smiley Happy it must be a pretty helpful idea then and I’ll fill in that template after I post this.. I’ll make sure it’s in the guidelines. Sorry about that. @Taylor-RO would you be able to email me what part I broke the guidelines with so I don’t do it again?
I am currently at a catholic school with a really good education and there isn’t really any more schools in my area with an education like this. they’re all public and honestly.. pretty feral
I might start to feel happier after meeting my new supports but I’ll never feel the way I felt at my old home. I lived there my whole life until the start of the year. Literally the same house since I was born. Maybe that’s why I can’t call this place home because I grew up there my whole life and grew up around the same people which build such strong relationships that I can’t let go of.
I might talk to Mum about me considering moving back but I feel like she’s just finally started to like her new job and has just got to know the people a bit more so I feel really bad.. I mean I could live with my pop and stay at my friends house once a week or something?? Idk

Screenshot (23).png

@Bananatime04 which positives are the most important to you, and which negatives would affect you the most do you think?

@Tiny_leaf Being with my old friends, having my favourite teachers, seeing my pop everyday and no bullying would be my most important positives and the most affective negatives would be no gymnastics, bad education, leaving my best friend and not seeing my family (step dad, dad, brothers, step sister and step mum)

@Bananatime04 what about for staying?

@Tiny_leaf having a better education, having a job and seeing my dad are my best positives and the bullying and rumours are my most affective negatives
Highlighted

Hey @Bananatime04 

Sounds like you've got some big decisions to weigh up. It can be really overwhelming but I think your pro's and con's list is a really good way to start thinking about your next steps. 

I think the most important thing when making a big life change is allowing yourself time to think through what is best for you Heart 

@Bre-RO I’m not moving anymore because I don’t think I’ll survive without one of my friends.. they are the reason I’m still here and I’m scared to lose them so I’m staying. In the long run this school will benefit me the most and help me achieve my goals Smiley Happy