cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: managing my safety and depression

@Pasta Yea I really do understand that feeling..
how are you feeling about finishing high school? Are you more excited or nervous?
I’ve still got another year left of high school 😕

Nervous and I can't describe this other feeling I have but the closest thing I can compare to is being scared. Maybe a little excited for new opportunities but I can't help but fear everyone I know just disappear.

It’s ok to be nervous and scared! This is a huge change @Pasta Smiley Happy you’ll be ok tho. And you’ll have us if you need any support for anything like if it gets stressful or sad ect. It’s really good that you can point a good thing out of something you’re finding scary Heart stay in regular touch with your friends and you won’t lose them! That’s what I thought would happen when I left my old school but regular contacting fixed that problem! We won’t disappear on ya.. we’ll always be here for you (until you’re 26 but you could get a job at reach out or use SANE forums if you like using forums) Heart

I’m gonna TRY go to sleep now.. I have to work tomorrow so I should’ve been asleep hours ago but it was worth the chat with you and Tiny_leaf
Goodnight guys Smiley Happy

@Bananatime04 Good night. 🙂

Goodnight @Bananatime04 

@Jess1-RO do you miss Gina too? 😢

Omg I got distracted in the games threads now I’m late for work 😂 reach out games threads are really good distractions!!

Hi @Bananatime04,

Just catching up on the discussions here overnight, it sounds like it was a difficult one Heart 

There were a couple of interesting points raised here that I might pick up on.

Both yourself and Pasta were discussing how reading other's tough times posts can be triggering, and this is something I am sure so many members and readers of our forums can relate to Heart It's one of the biggest reasons why there are community guidelines- so every person who comes to the forums can find help and relate to other's stories, without feeling triggered or upset by the content of tough posts Heart I think there is a lot we can all do to role model for other's and really be leaders in this community to help newer members know how they talk about tough topics and big feelings, and seek help in a way that is safe for everyone Smiley Happy

The other thing I wanted to touch on was the amazing support so many members jumped in to offer last night Heart So proud to be part of such an incredibly supportive and compassionate community Heart

@Bananatime04 I have seen the amazing support you offered others overnight too, and want to echo some of the compassion you offered others Heart I saw you mention the importance of looking after oneself, and encouraging others to focus on their self care and needs first. Could not agree more! Today, I am going to encourage you to do the same- take the time if you need to to use the strategies and self care, including your offline strategies, that we have seen you use when you need to and put you first Heart 

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Great to hear you are in games @Bananatime04! Fantastic strategy Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Thank you @Jess1-RO Heart
I just got back from my first shift today 😪 it was hard.. my arms and legs are all dead.

I don’t find everyone’s posts triggering about tough times.. I just find posts that I can relate to negatively, triggering.

Sure thing! I’ll be happy to do some self care Smiley Happy I don’t really know what to do tho.. I’ll find something! Thanks

Also I’ve seen you checking on quite a few users today! No ones checked on you tho.. how are you doing? Smiley Happy