cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: managing my safety and depression

Sorry for the late reply @Andrea-RO but I do have some good news Smiley Happy I’m seeing the school nurse on Friday! Hopefully she can give her opinion on what I think I have wrong with me and if she thinks it sounds similar I’m going to a psychologist or someone to get a diagnosis.

Also tried the call in the morning and getting a call back with kids helpline but they took longer than I expected and school started so I couldn’t keep waiting. I’ll just have to try on Saturday sometime if I remember.

Sorry for breaking the guidelines.. I tried not to in that post but sorry 😐

@mspaceK thanks 😊
Do you know if mental health nurses can give their option on or diagnose problems like depression, anxiety, OCD and that kind of stuff??
How did speaking to your nurse go?

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx!
This morning started off really shit but I just had training and I got a new skill!!!! Wooo 🥳 I got my cast to handstand on bars and it was only my second day working on them! Probably spent less than an hour in total before achieving the skill which is pretty good.
How’s your day been?

Hey @queenP Smiley Happy
Nothing to be sorry about! I’ve been taking loads of breaks..
Well I suppose I can give a little background to my problem. Im concerned I have OCD and I’m scared because I didn’t even realise but the things I’ve been doing for the past few years are OCD symptoms and whatever’s.. I’m not positive tho because I haven’t been diagnosed so that’s why I didn’t wanna say anything.
I would tell you some of the things I do but there’s a huge list and it’s like this person telling me to do things and not letting me do other things until that thing is done or else something will happen like me dying, someone else dying or someone getting badly hurt. The one time I ignored this voice it told me bella would die if I didn’t do this thing and she died then I felt so much guilt and that then lead on to my depression and gave me a lot of stress when it told me to do things. Basically it says do this or else.

@Bananatime04 it's also okay to talk about what you think you might have, if that's something you want to do. (no need to if you don't want to though)

I really hope you can get some answers from the psychologist.

Congratulations on learning the new skill so quickly!! 

@Tiny_leaf I just don’t wanna break the guidelines for self diagnosing by accident because that’s not what I’m trying to do.. I’m just saying I’m worried I may have it but idk yet.
Thank you 😊
How’ve you been?

Someone called me a stick yesterday and I’m really upset about it because they meant I’m too skinny and today at training 3 of them kept saying I’m skinny and I hate being called that and I told them I hate it and asked them to stop but they just said but you are tho.

Hey @Bananatime04 . My nurse asked me if I had been diagnosed with anything when I first saw her and she spoke to me about how I was feeling being symptoms of depression and anxiety.  But she never gave me a formal diagnoses. She came with me when I spoke to a GP who gave me an official diagnoses. 

Speaking to my nurse is really important to me and she guides me through questions and options to deal with what is going on and links me in with the supports I need. I would be lost without her. 

@mspaceK Aw your nurse sounds so sweet Smiley Happy she sounds so important and valued to you! I wish I had someone like that in person outside of school but I can’t open up to my mum and not old enough to go on my own yet!!! Ughhhhh
Can a psychologist diagnose OCD?

Hey @Bananatime04 . I don't know if this will help but I am really skinny and small and people comment on this all the time. It makes me feel insecure especially at work because I don't feel like I am respected or taken seriously. 

I'm sorry those other kids are not respecting you asking them not to say that to you. You should not be ashamed of your body though!