cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: managing my safety and depression

Thank you @Bananatime04 . She is definitely really important to me. 

I actually don't know is psychologists can diagnose... I know a psychiatrist and GP can though. 

Thanks @mspaceK 😕
It still hurts tho because I’ve been trying so hard to get over my eating problems and I thought it was getting better but obviously not 😔 I just wanna be considered ‘normal’

@mspaceK I’ll go to a psychiatrist then.. I also might look at taking medication if my mental health doesn’t improve. Have you ever done this?

@Bananatime04 I have actually just started medication again because I'm really struggling with my anxiety and depression. It's really important to speak to your GP about it to see what is right for you. I debated it for a very long time but I also had several people in my life telling me that I should speak to a doctor about going on medication. 

It is such a harsh thing to look at yourself as "abnormal" based on your body weight. The world can be so judgemental and mean but we don't deserve to bring ourselves down because other people make comments.  I bet you are beautiful for you no matter your eating problems. 

@mspaceK I don’t have a GP yet so idk what I can do about that.. surely psychiatrists can proscribe medication?

But I must be too skinny if 4 people have said it about me and they weren’t all together at the same time and even different days.. I’d hate to imagine how many other people think I’m too skinny let alone say it 😔 it’s really heartbreaking because I put so much effort into getting on top of my eating but to see it backfire like this has really made me feel like I’ve failed with all that hard work
I’m not beautiful.. I’m too skinny for that

It makes me feel so sad that you would dislike yourself so much because of the mindless words of petty students who don't care how their words can effect others @Bananatime04 . I think you are being very harsh on yourself. I am so proud of you for taking those steps to put effort into your eating and that is a positive difference that should be congratulated despite what others are saying about you. 

Yes they can prescribe medication! 

I’m sorry for making you sad @mspaceK 😟 I didn’t mean to..

I am sad for you @Bananatime04 because I can hear your pain from those comments aand you don't deserve to feel like you're not improving and that your efforts are going to waste because they are not! You are doing great and cause you are reaching out too. 

Oh I’m sorry @mspaceK
maybe I should be a little less open? That way you don’t hear what I’m going through so it can’t affect you..
I know I’m in pain but I don’t wanna pass it on by just talking about it so I think I should keep it to myself??
Idk I’m pretty useless

No not at all @Bananatime04 . This is the place to share how you feel. Perhaps I should have worded it as that i empathise with you on a deep level. You don't need to worry about how your pain effects me. That is not your responsibility. I can choose to comment or not and I wanted to talk to you because I care and I want to help and try to support you. 

I don't want you to hide your feelings because you are worried how they will effect me or other users, unless of course it is something triggering or against the community guidelines. 

You deserve to be heard <3