cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW self harm

Hey @redhead, sounds like tonight's been pretty hard. Really proud of you for calling lifeline when you're feeling like this. Smiley Happy I hope the chat with them is useful. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help Heart

The aliens are really getting to me this evening.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Nyu

May I ask you , what exactly do you feel and what are your thoughts when you do self harm?

Hi there @Nyu and welcome to ReachOut Smiley Happy 

Thank you for expressing concern and care for another member. If there's anything you want to talk about or would like support on, feel free to make your own thread over here. Don't forget to check out our Community Guidelines as well. We'll also be sending an email, so please keep an eye out Smiley Happy

See you around the forums! Smiley Happy

-----

I am finishing with ReachOut this week, say good-bye here. I'll miss you all!

Hi @redhead, sounds like you're having a tough night. Smiley Sad What strategies can you use to avoid SH?

Just want to remind you also that you are strong and you can get through this - even if it doesn't feel like it right now. Heart

@mrmusic I was working out in the gym. But it's just made me feel worse.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Is working out at the gym usually a strategy that helps you with pushing through the sh thoughts @redhead? That’s frustrating that working out didn’t help this time, is there anything else that’s worked for you before?

Here to support and help brainstorm ideas if you’re unsure ❤️

@linkinpark13 it was my usual work out. I have an exercise regime that I do 3 days a week. Everyone says it releases endorphins but I just don't feel it.
Now I'm trying to watch Netflix but the voices are being re loud.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

That so great @redhead 3 days a week! I wish I was half as dedicated as you, I can never stick with going to the gym regularly

I've heard that some people get that result, it happens sometimes for me but not so much most of the time. Usually it helps clear my head or gets me focussed just on the task at hand which can help.

What are you watching on netflix? Do you think multitasking and doing something else at the same time might help quiet the voices?

@linkinpark I was watching skin wars.

I gave up on Netflix I'm walking to town now
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire