cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW the past is still hurting me so much

All of @WheresMySquishy's points are really good.

My chiropractor will actually suggest that I see someone in a different part of the medical field is she thinks it would help, and gives me information on how I can get the appointment/ referral. 

@Beautifullybroken ah, I'm really clumsy too.. I can't even think about cooking without getting hurt in some way; I've had to let all of my support workers know that if I hurt myself while cooking it isn't their fault.

I know what you mean about pseudoscience... definitely something to check for if you're seeing a doctor long-term.

I normally try to find out a bit about what I have before I even step into their office now. It means that if they don't know what they're talking about and hiding it by making stuff up, I'm able to pick it up on it and get out of there.

hey @Tiny_leaf
havent caught up with you for a while
how are things going?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hi @scared01 

Not brilliant really... my entire body hates me. Smiley Indifferent

im sorry to hear that @Tiny_leaf that sounds really tough for you. bodies can be such a pain sometimes cant they!
is there anything that might help? or that would usually help?

@scared01 they sure can...

90% of the time I don't even know what it's complaining about!

I don't really know what helps with the kind of pains I was getting... I don't even know what's wrong exactly.

I'm mostly just nagging my doctor about referring me to someone, getting a heap of blood tests that come up with nothing, then getting a referral to a new person. Smiley Frustrated

Hopefully once I know what's going on I'll have a few ways to help it though.

if you feel theres something wrong and your gp isnt seeming to listen to you is there a chance of getting a second opinion? @Tiny_leaf sometimes fresh perspective can be helpful
Highlighted

@scared01 yeah, I've already seen s rheumatologist who found nothing, so next stop is convincing him to refer me to a neurologist.

He's already decided that I don't need "another label" and keeps telling me to exercise more, But I don't have the energy to find a new one.

Apparently you can only get so many diagnosis before my doctor decides you're "collecting labels", which I think actually means "making my job more complicated with all these weird conditions".

hmm @Tiny_leaf i can understand that. havent heard of anyone refer it to collecting labels though but plenty of 'too hard basket' hopefully they find whats wrong soon.

@Tiny_leaf hey! I'm sorry to hear that your body is being such a pain at the moment Smiley Sad

Well done for persisting with all the doctors appointments and blood tests.

Sounds like prioritizing self-care would be important for you, what do you reckon? Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@scared01 I hope so too..

@letitgo thank you.. most of what I do is some form of self care atm though; I can't afford to do too much else.