cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW- what’s holding me back from suicide?

Good morning @Bananatime04, I've been away on leave for a week so am just catching up on things this morning. 

Sorry to hear how distressed you were feeling last night  - did the crying stop eventually?Did you get any sleep? 

I really liked the suggestion @Tiny_leaf  gave about having conversations with the voices about random things. Did you give that a go? 

We also have a great thread over here from the wonderful @redhead  about hearing voices-  that might be worth checking out. 

Using grounding strategies can also be really helpful to remind you of your surroundings and the present moment.

We are all rooting for you 

Heart

Thanks @gina-RO
I did stop crying and I did eventually get to sleep but I couldn’t say anything back to them because they just felt fat to controlling and it felt like they had more power than me if you know what I mean??
Anyway I just got home from school and when my mum came to pick me up something happened.. she literally doesn’t even trust me. I am bawling my eyes out because I am being honest and she doesn’t believe me and it literally hurts so much and I have locked myself in my room. I don’t even wanna be with her because she hurt me so much. I’m heartbroken
I’ll have a look at that thread after training tonight.

Really glad you got some sleep - and well done for getting on with your day today, even though it sounds like it was really hard. 

It sucks feeling like you're not trusted Smiley Sad 

I hope training goes well - let us know if anything in the thread is helpful for you Heart

Hi @Bananatime04.

I really do know what you mean about the voices..

But the only real power they have is the power that they've taken from you. Their power is your potential.

Getting it back works almost like a snowball effect, so you can start with something tiny. Maybe you could make a rule to not call yourself by whatever names they call you by?

It'll start off being really difficult, but I promise it will get easier over time.

Hey @Bananatime04.
I'll be here when you get back... hopefully... if you need me when I'm on again.

Hey...

Thanks @gina-RO ❤️
This trust thing is still going on and I feel so hurt by it.. seriously I am not lying and my mum can’t even trust me and it’s so painful I wanna die
I’m safe
I’m gonna have a look at that thread now

@Tiny_leaf hey!
You have no idea how helpful it is to me having you with the same experiences with these voices.. I will try doing that but it might be a bit hard because they are very convincing and give a reason for the things they call me

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx  Smiley Very Happy how’s your day been