Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Taking a break for not so good news

FFS why wont they leave Smiley Sad

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

I'm sorry you're experiencing intrusive thoughts @scared01, I understand your pain. How have you previously managed this? 

Highlighted

ive never had thoughts to keep incresing my meds more than what im suppose to take @Mona-RO  im only taking the normal dosages that have been prescribed or wrriten on the pain relief box for dosages and times etc but i just want the pain to end. 

Highlighted

* i am safe just having these intrusive thoughts that i cant seem to manage are enticing 

Highlighted

Thanks for letting us know you're safe @scared01. You've so much self-awareness which is great. The fact that you can see these thoughts as thoughts (even if they seem enticing) is hugely helpful. Could you try replacing them with other thoughts like I love taking care of myself and my safety is most important to me? Or journalling or a distracting activity? Just brainstorming what might work in this situation.

Highlighted

so far as a distraction ive come on here and had a look around and contributed where i thought i could, done a little bit of drawing, listened to music, and have been watching movies. @Mona-RO

ive tried well not changing the thoughts but ackowledging they are there but i dont have to listen to them but they are getting pretty loud and demanding

Highlighted

Good job on the distraction front @scared01. Hope the thoughts are a bit easier to manage now!

Also, I really like your signature! Very uplifting Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

Tbh no they havent @letitgo i went to take pain relief before and got extra doses out so i threw them in the bin  and walked away. Its not worth doing an OD so im doing what i can to keep safe. And if that means no pain relief then  thats what itll be.

Im feeling pretty upset though.  I promised my sisters both of them that I would  take them to look at a horse show tomorrow but that  was before the infection amd pain. I can barely move without pain as it is let alone an hours car drive well 2 there and back. 

I cant bring myself to tell them. I was looking forward  to it too and there was an art showcasing that i had to miss out mainly cause im sick but also had thr sisters as well. 

I really  dont know what to do. I know i prob wont be well enough to go but  i really want to go too

Highlighted

Hi @scared01 how have you been today?

Sorry things aren't going to plan for you with the day out with your sisters tomorrow. I'm sure you know, you need to put your self care first. I hope they will understand. Maybe you can let them know you're unsure at the moment but you can decide once you're up tomorrow!

Highlighted

@TOM-ROi havent been well. i hate being so unwell. its affecting me mentally and physically Smiley Sad

ive told them about it now, they took it well but it makes me feel like the worst sister