cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The End

@DruidChild I dont know that there is anything left to hold onto. 

Maybe a better way to phrase is it, stay alive @Eden1717. Please stay alive. Take it second by second, and I know it feels as though there's nothing to hold on to and no hope, so just keep breathing. 

We're here with you and we care, you're not alone with these feelings Heart

@DruidChild I dont know that that is even possible maybe for tonight but not for much longer after that. 

@Eden1717 believing that you can stay alive tonight is amazing; I am so proud of you. Tomorrow is a new day and perhaps there'll be more services available to support you - family or friends, or your local mental health team? Do you have a safety plan, I forgot to ask earlier? 

I hear the pain that you're in and it sounds so distressing. Keep on taking it day by day, one tonight at a time...we'll be here with you. 

Do you think that when you're safe it would help to try to get some sleep? That almost always helps me when I'm feeling like ending my life. Or doing something that you find comforting, like watching a favourite TV show or cuddling with a favourite toy? 

@DruidChild such beautiful words and support. We're all backing you @Eden1717 You are an incredible human. Heart

@DruidChild My safety plan is useless it never works it only makes me feel more hopeless. 

I just want to cry I can't take this anymore I hate myself so much and I shouldn't still be here I just need to be dead it is the only way there is nothing else left to do and I know it would be mean to them but I just want to die quietly while cuddling my dog somewhere i feel comfortable somewhere peaceful I want the last things I see to be something I love and it isn't fair that suicide has to be hidden and done in some awful place where no one would know just because it is culturally unacceptable if it was cancer you would have the right to die around your loved ones. But no I will have to go to some cold unfamiliar and quiet out of sight place to spend my last moments so that no one has to see it like it is some disgusting dirty act that I should be punished for. I just want to be able to say goodbye and tell them that it is ok and that this is what I need and that they shouldn't feel bad because I will finally be at peace and out of pain. I just want to die in peace but I don't even have the right to that. I can't do this anymore and I don't think I want to. 

Hey @Eden1717, I have sent you an email Heart

@Taylor-RO Never mind just ignore me 

We all care about you here @Eden1717 Heart You really add a lot of value to our forums and you are a great support. The support services are always ready to talk to you especially if safety is involved, whether it is Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 669 476 or Headspace online at https://www.eheadspace.org.au. It is not easy to speak up at times but we know you can do it Cat Happy 

Hey @Eden1717

I can hear how much pain you're in right now. Heart How has this afternoon been for you? Have you felt able to reach out to any of the services that @Taylor-RO mentioned? 

I agree with you that there is a lot of stigma associated with feeling suicidal and having a mental illness, in a way that there isn't with other illnesses like cancer. But I think one big difference is that in the cancer cases that you mentioned, the disease may be untreatable. Whereas with mental illness, it is possible to treat it, to recover and live a long and healthy life. There are so many approaches that you haven't had a chance to try yet, and I believe that sooner or later something will work for you. 

If you feel up to it sometime, I would love to hear about your dog! Smiley Happy He sounds very important to you and an important figure in your life. Pets can bring so much acceptance and comfort, can't they?