cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The Epic Struggle

Hey @Bee, I'm really proud of you for staying safe over last weekend! It's awesome that you have a strong support system and people around you to lean on. Make sure you recognise your own strength and courage too!

Sorry to hear your mental health worker is leaving next year, I know you've built up a really good relationship with them, but don't rule out the new clinician being an absolute legend too! You might hit it off really well with them too.

That's awesome to hear your cast is finally off! Sucks that you're still in some pain though. Even though sometimes you might not feel like you need to take the pain meds, if your doctor has advised to take them regularly to keep the pain at bay, it's a good idea to follow their prescription so that the pain doesn't get really bad.

Thanks again for updating us on how you're doing! Please let us know how you go over this weekend too Smiley Happy

Just thinking of you @Bee. Hope you're managing your pain ok x

Hey @Bee, how are you going?

@moonwalk thanks its been a really hard time with knowing shes leaving. I've felt very conflicted recently in really being open but I kinda said to myaself the more open I am now with her when she hands my notes to the social worker when he tales over it will really help him know whats going on... I've now met him a couple times and I guess I'm still feeling conflicted with seeing someone new....
I've still be up and down with my pain meds. The lkng acting one I've nearly managed to take whenI first awake at a decent time usually around 8-9am... otherwise I'm just slack with the regular panadol. And I've noticed that I need to keep my lower legs ankles and feet warm away from cool breeze of trees fans and aircons otherwise I end up in intense pain which I will bring up with my gp next week when I see her!

@Kit @N1ghtW1ng I'm not doing too bad but I'm not good either. I had my hrandma pass away last weekend and the funeral wednesday. That was extremely hard! 2 grandparents about a month apart...
I finally managed to get a med review - my MH worker organised that for me (the legend she is) and I'm just coming off med #2 now, first day in the no medication phase. Next weekend I can start my new meds #3.
I've taken a bit of a backward slide with my pain and mobility of my right foot/ankle the last week and am struggling to walk on it then mid day/afternoon I can and In overdo it 😑 which then only cuses more pain and sends me further into a downward spiral mentally...
Also this week I wasnt able to do hydro becuause of travelling to Victorian for the funeral which could be contributing to so much pain... I'm back in Tuesday though.
With this med chnge I feel like the depression is just swallowing me whole. I have no motivation care nor energy to even get out of bed or stay out of bed. I end up back in bed all day and all night. I feel like I don't have the energy anymore tod continue... and these dark thoughts keep coming back and hunting me and I just am not sure how to fight them anymore... I'm just so exhausted and fragile.

And I have to have another operation in jan on 21st to remove screws from foot...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hey @Bee

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your Grandma. I can’t even begin to imagine what you are going through. How are you coping? If you wish to talk about your grief more, please start another thread, we are here to listen.

It sucks to hear that your psychologist is moving away. Changing counsellors is such a daunting thing and it is understandable that you would be conflicted over everything. I would just like to say that it is great to hear that you have started seeing the person who will be taking over your psychologist. Although you probably don’t feel this, it sounds like she has your best interest at heart in trying to make your transition as smooth as possible.

Only you can make the decision to open up more to her or not before she leaves. It looks like you have considered this quite a bit and my only advice over this would be to do what you feel is the right thing for you.

Don’t be too hard on yourself with the way you have been feeling due to the med changes. You said yourself that you aren’t on any meds at the moment and whilst they aren’t addictive, our brains get used to their function and freak out when we stop because the level of our brain chemicals drop.

Are you safe? Do you have a plan to keep you safe? Remember to use the help lines when needed.

Take care,

stonepixie

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother @Bee, my thoughts are with you and your family. It sounds like this has been a really difficut period for you, with your health and family and changing counsellors. That can make dark thoughts extra tough to fight off. Are you safe right now, and do you plan to stay safe for the foreseeable future?

Don't forget that we are always here on ReachOut if you want a space to get some of those thoughts out of your head, or distract yourself from thinking about them.

Hey @Bee
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. Next week you should be able to continue with hydro though. Do you think the new meds will help you? Transitions can be hard, but it's good to think about the benefits that can come from them.

@stonepixie (I just realized you're a mod now! Congrats!)
Thank you. it's been so hard already with their passing and I guess some of this could still be grief,, I don't know.
yeah it'll be hard but she's done the best she can to support me with it and I guess I'm okay with how it's happened.

thanks @ElleBelle it's hard and the worst part will be traveling down to sort out their personal items :'( It's been hard to stay safe. I've slipped and self-harmed a couple times but I was able to address the reasons why afterward

@N1ghtW1ng yeah I was able to continue with hydro the following week. In all honesty I don't know. I just don't know anything anymore. I just feel so low and like theres nothing left of me. the image is more real than ever, however some of the weights have gotten smaller I'm just so exhausted from hanging on that I just want to let go already. It's all just too much...

@Bee I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Smiley Sad I hope that you got through the funeral ok. Reading back thorugh this thread it looks like you've been dealing with changing over your meds while going through all that? No wonder you're feeling so low and worn out! Have you been able to do any gentle self care things for yourself? If not I hope you get to soon.

blithe

@blithe everything has just felt too hard. I keep doing self-care things. I even organized to go to the pool with a friend as its one thing I can do, but sadly that did nothing to help my mood, only very minimal