cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Troubleshooter

Troubleshooting is actually a pretty complicated thing. Nerds like me absolutely love it.

Here's my troubleshooting process for anything that breaks in my house.

kxdhH.jpg

I didn't say i was very good at troubleshooting....

We can often do the same thing for our brains - although i strongly advise not using Tape or WD-40 on your brain Smiley Tongue.

This is a thread to troubleshoot tough times, to use this thread you have to do three things.

1. Post the problem - it can be anything

2. Tell us what you want to stop or get moving again - or what you would like things to be like. 

3. Tell us what you'd like help with - it's okay to have nooo idea where to start.

4. While you wait for some help, go help someone else with their step 3 by asking them how you can help. 

For example:

1. The problem: I don't like my current haircut.

2. What i'd like help with- Figuring out what to do with my current haircut, i just wish my hair didn't look like an angry duck.

3. I would like some help finding men's wigs, or learning to accept that my hair is going to take a while to grow.

This is a kind of experimental thread, so let me know what you think about it too Smiley Happy

Re: The Troubleshooter

Great thread!! @Ben-RO I like it a lot. I'm sure there are a few things I can post
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

The problem - I didn't like the reply to my feedback to Mensline and feel it wasn't really what I was after.
What I want to stop or get moving again... :/ not sure
I'd like help with - Working out what to do, is there even anything I can do

Hmm @j95 what did you want them to say vs what they actually said? Perhaps if we can figure out what made you unhappy we can figure out what they need to do for you to be satisfied. There's lots of options for giving feedback to a service that we can talk through once we know what we want them to do differently! 

@Ben-RO I felt like they weren't really acknowledging that I what I was saying was correct and just kept saying I misintrepreted it and basically just rexplained the scenario from their point of view, saying I was wrong. I'd like an apology from them because I felt pretty hurt on Friday.
Highlighted

I may or may not of replied to them using some obscene language when I had my cranky pants on last night, oops....

1. My family's government payments got cut, which means we can't afford the basics anymore and my mum might have to leave uni and get a job. This is making me feel extremely anxious and hopeless and I've started researching suicide methods again. 

2. I want the government to stop being horrible and useless, but that's pretty unrealistic since being horrible and useless is basically it's entire job. I want our family to get enough income to support ourselves without my mum having to compromise her long term financial stability. 

3. I want help figuring out what I can do to help this situation. 

4. @j95, I'm sorry they were so unhelpful and dismissive, it sounds really hurtful Smiley Sad I was wondering whether they breached their duty of care that they have on their website? (https://www.mensline.org.au/about-us/duty-of-care) Because if you could show them that they'd broken their duty of care you might have a better chance of getting an apology?

Hey @DruidChild this sounds really challenging for your family.

Unless you were wanting to get a job yourself, I'm really sure how to help with the financial side. But maybe being more aware that this is not in your control and most things happen for a reason.

On the more serious matter though, how about closing tabs you've opened to research methods? Or removing yourself from online stuff for a while? And if you happen to make a plan (I really hope you don't), remove any potentially harmful objects from your immediate surroundings. If you need more suggestions let me know Smiley Happy

Thanks @loves netball. I want to get a job but I know that if I try to work and study I'm just going to breakdown again, I can't really cope with doing too much. You're right about needing to accept that it's not in my control, I think that's really important. 

Thanks, the tabs are closed and I don't have an immediate plan. I'm trying to distract myself with tumblr right now. Heart

@j95 oops. It's okay to be pretty cross if you feel that something is unfair. Sometimes if you are not satisfied with the response you have gotten you can take it to an external agency to review. I'm just trying to figure out which one. We can talk through that a little more if you'd like although maybe we should make a new thread for it, just so we're not crowding out this one.... Secretly i think a lot of things in this thread will be a starting point for new threads