cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Official music video for All Time Low's hit song "Missing You" off of their album "Future Hearts"! Hear this song on SiriusXM Hits1 radio. Let them know you think this song is a hit by tweeting @SiriusXMHits1 that #MissingYou is #Hitbound Grab Future Hearts on: iTunes: ...

The Unimportant One

I'm sad, I feel numb. I'm worthless, I feel like I'm a terrible person. I don't know what to do anymore. I hurt all over and I shouldn't, I feel like I'm drowning. 

This place sucks. 

It's fun to need help but have nowhere to access it. I don’t know what to do anymore. 

https://youtu.be/W4OG7O8B0C8

Re: The Unimportant One

Hi @MilkyWay,

What you are feeling right now sounds really painful, and I'm really sorry to hear things have been so difficult. Do you want to share a bit more about what is happening for you that makes you feel this way?

Getting help and support is super important and sometimes it can be hard to know where to start. Have you spoken to a health professional about how you are feeling?

We are here to lend an ear and connect you with some more support Smiley Happy There are a lot of very understanding people here who have had similar feelings before - I hope that this community is one where you feel like you can talk about what is happening for you Heart

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

@Jess1-RO It doesn’t matter what’s been going on because I can’t seem to do anything right. I can’t find a job, my relationship is on a knifes edge and I’m injured AGAIN. 

I spoke to my local doctor about the way I’m feeling but all she did was prescribe pills. Felt like a waste of time. 

I can’t do this anymore, everything hurts. 

@MilkyWay Thank you for being honest with me about how you feel right now. I want you to know that we care and are always here to listen if and when you want to share Heart

It sounds like you have been carrying a lot on your shoulders, I'm very sorry to hear that things have been so difficult for you. When things feel like they are falling apart, it can feel very scary. I know that when I have felt this way, speaking with someone about it has been helpful. Do you have family or friends you have spoken to who know how difficult things have been?

I'm really glad to hear you have spoken to someone (your doctor) about how you are feeling, and I want you to know that there are more options out there to support you other than medication if you would like support Smiley Happy Would you consider speaking to a counsellor or psychologist about how you are feeling? Or a helpline like lifeline?

@Jess1-RO I’m not scared of the way I feel, I’ve been feeling like this on and off for 10 years. I’m sick of feeling this way. I want it to stop. Enough is enough. 

I don’t have anyone I trust enough to speak to. I would consider speaking to a psychologist but I’d rather not do it over the phone. So then I’m up the creek again because I don’t have access to those services where I live. 

Smiley Frustrated

I'm really sorry to hear that there are limited psychology services in your area and that this is something you have experienced for a long time @MilkyWay Heart 

Over the last 10 years when you have felt this way before, do you have/use any strategies/self care activities that help? 

I'm not sure if you have seen these before, but there are also some e-chat/internet based supports with psychologists/counsellors you can access such as e-headspace. Would this be something you would consider? 

@Jess1-RO I have tried a few ‘self-help’ things but none seem effective. 

I used e-headspace the other night. The lady I chatted to was very nice but all she could do is forward information to me. I kind of felt like that’s how they handle everyone and not to bother looking for help there again. I need someone to talk to, not a bunch of unhelpful information that I have already read. 

Sorry, I’m a crappy person. 

Thank you for attempting to help me. 

You are a great person @MilkyWay and we're all here on the forums and you can talk to us about whatever's on your mind, whenever you need/want to. Smiley Happy

I'm glad you gave e-headspace a try, even if it wasn't the most helpful for you.

What sort of things help you to calm down/feel better when you're feeling down or overwhelmed?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Thanks @letitgo. Just hard to feel like a great person whilst continually stuffing everything up. 

Music is my normal go to, thrashing about to a few Slipknot tracks while smashing the living daylights out of my boxing bag helps. I can’t do that at the moment because I’m injured so lately I’ve just been sitting, thinking, stuck in my own mind.  😢

@MilkyWay welcome to RO sounds like there's a feeling of being stuck, or wanting help, but not having access to help - is this correct?

Has listening to music been helpful at the moment while you're injured?
What have you injured if you don't mind me asking?
From personal experience, I know how hard injuries can be.

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart