cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

The need for courage

So many of US today dont seem to understand why we need to move ahead and stay put no matter what happens.. It's actually not because we wont survive if we dont try it out or we dont stand a chance , the truth is we're too lazy to figure out a way to stay ahead.. The most basic is having the agility to begin from the scratch , this TRAIT IS CALLED "COURAGE" , DO YOU HAVE THE COURAGE TO STAY IN , NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS ..
Highlighted

Re: The need for courage

we all have ideas but have we got courage ? Smiley Surprised
I really need it too , I'm plunged into Negative Ideas that say : "I Can't" "I can't"

Then what to do !!!!!!Robot Indifferent

Highlighted

@Soplada wrote:

we all have ideas but have we got courage ? Smiley Surprised
I really need it too , I'm plunged into Negative Ideas that say : "I Can't" "I can't"

Then what to do !!!!!!Robot Indifferent

Everyone has courage, even the potential to have courage is having courage. It doesn't matter if you say to yourself you can't do it. Sometimes it takes the negatives to help you find the positives. If you find yourself plunged into negative thoughts, list out the reasons as to why you "can't" do something then list ways that the something can be done and just do them. Or you can list the reasons and then try. Just try everything on your list of can'ts and prove to yourself (and others) that you can do this and then laugh at yourself later or, if you wrote a list of things on paper, tear it up and throw it out or recycle it because you did it! 

Just keep swimming and you'll get there Smiley Wink

Highlighted

There's a movie called Three Kings, it's kinda old now, but it's got this great line in it. One guy says it to the other before they do something terrifying...

"The way it works is, you do the thing you're scared shi**ess of, and you get the courage AFTER you do it, not before you do it."

I've always loved that quote. It tells me that courage is not the absence of fear, it's doing something even though it's scary or overwhelming.

Highlighted

@NigioC wrote:

There's a movie called Three Kings, it's kinda old now, but it's got this great line in it. One guy says it to the other before they do something terrifying...

"The way it works is, you do the thing you're scared shi**ess of, and you get the courage AFTER you do it, not before you do it."

I've always loved that quote. It tells me that courage is not the absence of fear, it's doing something even though it's scary or overwhelming.

I agree with you there Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Courage makes me think of the lion from the Wizard of Oz. The lion thought he didn't possess any courage but at the end of the day, he surprised himself with what he is capable of. Like what NigioC said, the lion didn't do those brave deeds without fear, he persisted despite being terrified. I think that is courage.

There this quote which meant a lot to me because I am an extreme procrastinator. 

'Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow"

- Mary Anne Radmacher

Courage is persistence despite set backs. 

Highlighted

With courage you have the right attitude..
victor brown omovbude
bluesugar