cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The "adventure" continues

Hi @MemphisBelle!

I did see that somewhere about Back to the Future! I'm so glad they stuck with Michael J Fox! It wouldn't be the same without him! I love backstories too!

That's okay! Please don't feel like you have to apologise for that! It happens to all of us Smiley Happy

Also I read that you made plans to meet up with your friend, I'm really proud of you!

@missep

Update on the NDIS situation, got the paperwork in the mail yesterday...gotta get the doctor to fill em out.

Slowly coming to terms with the autism, I'm just nervous all the time now....

I wonder about everyone I met and alternate history...if they could go back in time to when we meet...would they change anything? Would they not let it happen? Smiley Sad

Gonna try talking to the UNI at some point

It is great to hear that some progress is happening for you @MemphisBelle! Hopefully you can get those forms in and get some support at uni.. was there anything in particular you were hoping for?

de25b54ca54bd46b2961e0fa9424f84c.jpg
That must be difficult to feel nervous and like people might have wished they never met you. Is there anything that has been helping you deal with that? I know people have said some really horrible things to you and it reminded me of this photo quote stuck in my head. I think everyone has unique things about themselves (I love PC games) and not every person you meet will understand it OR they might find it 'weird'. I feel like if people judge you or say nasty things about your love for films, then they aren't going to be people you want to spend time with anyway, right? There will definitely people out there who will totally love it and have the same passion and interests as you.

—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford

Hey @MemphisBelle,

thats great news about the NDIS! I’m glad that the process is moving along now Smiley Happy

I’m glad to hear that you’re coming to terms. It’s so hard when we think about the past and alternatives. I used to do this all the time. But then I reminded myself, do I want to live in the past or the present. The present is a beautiful thing because we can make a new start for ourselves and focus on what makes us happy. 

Good luck with speaking to the uni! Please keep us updated on that!

I'm nervous as hell....

I got invited by a group of friends to go to the Midnight Screening of "Star Wars: The Last Jedi".....oh boy..I'm nervous as hell...I've never been out at midnight and I haven't talked to them in a long time.....I told em about my autism in messenger but I'm scared.

There was a thing at the Cinema were you can watch The Force Awakens, but I decided to skip that and watch my DVD of it instead....

I'll be going in a few hours, got my Jyn Erso T-Shirt ironed and ready...(I'm such a nerd....ugh)

That is really cool that you have a Jyn Erso T-Shirt @MemphisBelle! I really hope you were able to wear it.

It can be nerve wracking to meet up with people we haven't spoken to in a while especially after we have shared a piece of ourselves. It is great that your friends have made an effort to invite you somewhere, especially to see a film - they might know just how much you love Star Wars and films! Let us know how your night went Smiley Happy
—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford

That's great that they invited you @MemphisBelle! I hope you had lots of fun!
I love that you have a Jyn Erso shirt! I'm seeing Star Wars tonight with my dad and boyfriend and I'm going to be wearing my 'New Hope' Star Wars t-shirt!

The Last Jedi is amazing, seriously the entire experience was a blast. It was a place I could go "MESA JAR JAR BINKS" and have people cheer and clap along with me...amazing.

I got a tin bucket and drink cup with Rey on it. I was worried I'd look weird with the shirt..but then a dude walked in a fairly detailed Darth Vader outfit and I'm like "this is okay attire"

Work is stressing me out again, I got put on for an extra and there's no way I can do it. I have no idea what they see in me, I'm hands down the slowest guy in that workplace...autism and anxiety make it hard for me. Trying to get out of it

Hey @MemphisBelle, it's awesome that you enjoyed the screening of the last jedi!! Í've heard so many amazing things about it from friends, but I haven't seen it myself yet *no spoilers!!*. Do you feel like going out with your friends and doing something like that was a good experience overall?

Sorry to hear that you're stressed out about work issues...but it's a really good sign that they're putting you on for extra hours! They must think that you're really good at what you're doing to give you that, in which case perhaps they're seeing you in a way that you're not seeing yourself. Though, if the hours are stressing you out and you don't think you can do them all, then there's nothing wrong with letting them know that. Do you think that's something that you may do?

@basketofmonkeys

I didn't talk with them much whilst I was there, I can't really comment though.

Turns out all the extra hours were a mistake and I wasn't supposed to work them, so that's all wrapped up now. My current manager is a really nice guy, my old one was the type of person who thought anxiety is just for attention but he left 2 months after I started working there.

I suffered anxiety attacks today right before I found out, so it's been a very stressful day. The autism thing has me sad again....I thought I was over it but I don't think I am