cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Think I might be suffering from borderline personality disorder

Hey @Pasta 

It's okay for you to take as long as you need to process the big changes that you are going through right now. It's good that you're aware that this might start to hit you more when you have some down time. It's quite normal to feel everything that's happening when you finally have a chance to relax. What can you do during this time to take care of yourself? Heart 

We're thinking of you at the moment and we're here for you as you go through these big transitions. 

I'm feeling quite unsure, scared, anxious about this Saturday. I'm going to this party and I've recently just found out that "she" will be going aswell. It's just going to be really awkward I think because of what happened, it's like she doesn't want to talk to me and we're actually going to be there. It's caused alot of distress and other things to come up previously but I think in a way it's helped me understand what's happening and why things happen. I just don't know what I'm going to do or be like, how I will act, how she will react to me just being there 😒. I tried to message her about three weeks ago and I really don't know why I did, I still don't know why I can't just forget about everything and just move on. I really don't like thinking about all of this.

Hey @Pasta, I can imagine all the spirals of emotions you must be going through now just thinking about the party this Saturday Smiley Sad. I was wondering if you know anyone you get along well with who might be going to the party as well? Perhaps you could stick/hang with them when you attend the party in order to keep your mind off things to do with "she"?

Hey @Esperanza67, yeah there will be a few people I'm friends with and I'm going there with a good friend. In that sense it's fine, I will know people that are going to be there it's just everything else I guess.

Hey @Pasta

It makes total sense that you might be feeling uncomfortable about going to this party, particularly when there is someone going who you've had a breakdown in communication with. It can always be a bit awkward to see someone from you past, but it's really good that you will have your supports there. people who understand you and understand the situation are invaluable in times like this. 

It's also a really good idea to think about what you want your boundaries to be before you go to the party. Having something like a backup/escape plan can make you feel come comfortable and secure, even if you never use it! It can also really help to think about how you would want to react if a number of different things happen (e.g. what will you do if she says hi? what would you do if she ignores you?). Planning for these things can make you feel a lot more prepared for anything that might happen!

Hey @Andrea-RO,

I haven't really talked to anyone I know about what's happened, I've only mentioned something to one of my friends so they will probably know what's up. I'd like to think everything will be fine, I hope we can talk normally, like nothing happened but this will probably not be the case. I'm still yet to find an answer to why 😒. There will most likely be alcohol involved soo anything, any plans I make may be affected. The only thing I would really like to get out it is maybe an understanding but mostly just make everything even, normal I guess idk, just not how it currently is.

Hey @Pasta, hopefully everything will be fine! If you're nervous about the day, I think it's a good idea to have a back-up plan just in case. Establishing what you will do if certain things happen may help you relax on the day. Does this sound like something that may help you?

Hey @basketofmonkeys , I mean I can only try.

Hey @Pasta Smiley Happy Having alcohol involved can also make things tricker because you might have a bit less control over how you are feeling. I like @basketofmonkeys suggestion to have a back-up plan just in case you are feeling anxious. What do you think about planning a way to get home if you feel like it's too much? Or mentioning to your friend that it might be a difficult night for you? What do you think could help you?

Hey @May_ ,

It may bring up unwanted/unexpected feeling and like you were saying not much control over them. My mum has said she will get me if needed. But about telling others mmm idk I really don't feel like they need to know.