cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Think I might be suffering from borderline personality disorder

Of course not @Pasta ! I'm sure whatever you've created sounds amazing, but art can be very personal sometimes and to hold that to yourself for now or forever is totally okay Smiley Happy

@Blurryphaced I don't mind sharing the guitar but I don't really feel comfortable with the lyrics, I generally don't like singing around people anyway. I can't get the bloody guitar out of my head, I can vividly hear it playing in my head aha.

Hey @Pasta

So good to hear that you're embracing your creative side. I totally get what you mean by not feeling comfortable to share lyrics or sing around people - I write poetry and I cringe when my mum tries to make me show people. It's so cool that you got your own song stuck in your head haha. How long have you been playing for?

@Bre-RO I never actually"learned" the guitar but I started learning songs a year or so ago taking massive breaks inbetween, never really played that much.

@Pasta That's pretty cool that you've learnt songs without doing the theory of playing guitar. What was the first song you ever learnt to play on the guitar? 

@Bre-RO I'm finding it quite difficult to remember that far back but I do remember mostly playing the electric guitar as I enjoyed playing riffs rather than cords, think the first song I learnt was californication.

Everything is happening too fast, I really just wish I had some control of all this. The tie I ordered for my graduation came in the mail and it's just made me realise how much time I actually have left. 

Heya @Pasta 

Leaving school is a pretty significant life change and I know you've been feeling apprehensive about it for awhile, that must be hard carrying around all that worry with you. You mentioned feeling like you wish you had control of all this. I think that's something a lot of people could relate to because we often have to deal with situations outside of our control. There are always a few things that we can choose to control. When I feel powerless I try to remind myself that I can control how I deal with the change, what my perspective on it is or what is good about what's happening. Do you think there's anything potentially exciting or positive about leaving school? Heart 

@Bre-RO the only good thing I get out of this is my WACE and BCN certificate. Once I leave I will have to get a proper job, at the moment I'm working at McDonald's and it's okay I guess not, enjoying it though. I will have to wake up the same time every day to go do a mind numbing job. I barely go out to see friends, they are always working too. I feel like I'll be lost and alone, if I go to Tafe I will have to get enough money first because I think my mum will have enough, she says she could sort it out but I don't want her to pay for it.

Hey @Pasta 

Well done on the upcoming WACE and BCN certificates, that's a great effort!  I know working in McDonald's might be tough.  I had my first job in fast food to and I think it's a great base to start from.  It wasn't easy but it really helped build my work ethic, which I took into other jobs and served me well; it can definitely do the same for you Smiley Happy.   It can be hard to see friends when you're all so busy.  Maybe you can plan something a week or so in advance?

I'm really impressed with your maturity and kindness in wanting to save money for TAFE so you don't ask your mum.  That's a lovely thing of you to doHeart