cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Think I might be suffering from borderline personality disorder

At first I felt guilty, then sorry and now I feel almost nothing, numb almost.

Hi there @Pasta 

I'm sorry to read how you've been feeling with the end of school approaching. Everyone deals with big life changes differently but it's very common to feel scared venturing into the unknown. You mentioned wondering if you can do this alone - I want to tell you that there is no need to do this alone. Us humans are social creatures and it's totally okay for us to need each other. 

It sounds like you're finding it hard reaching out to the people in your life because you appear to be fine. It can be hard to let people know that you are actually not feeling fine - but it's an important step towards getting the support you deserve. Please know that we are here for you Heart 

If you're interested we have an article here on finishing school. Lots of people share the nerves you're feeling and we had a school-leaver write about it. 

@Bre-RO I knew I shouldn't have said anything to my mum, I tried to tell her about how I was feeling and that I should see a doctor, she seemed both upset and annoyed. I feel a weird pain/feeling in my chest almost like when you feel guilty, starting to have short deep breaths, I don't feel good, I know I should ask for help but this all feels wrong. I tried to tell her about the 10 free sessions but she said that's not how it works, she doesn't want to waste money on something she doesn't need to and also talked about medication. I don't want to be put on medication just talk to someone how I feel and want to know if something is wrong with me. I feel like I've done something wrong and I'm stopping myself from crying right now, I should have just kept to myself Smiley Sad

I hate this guilty feeling I have in my chest

I asked her to not talk to her partner about it and she said why not and something about have no other good role models. I already know she is going to say something to him and he's going to try and talk to me about this I know it, I don't want to talk to, I found it hard enough saying something to my mum. I already know he's going to tell me pretty much nothing is wrong and I'm really starting to regret saying anything I hate this 

@mspaceK I'm really not feeling good, I feel like I'm going to be sick

I feel guilty and in trouble but I haven't done anything wrong. He gets home in half an hour I don't know how this all going to pan out. I don't know if I can deal with this I might have leave go somewhere else for a bit if it gets too much. I'm really regretting saying anything right now

Hey @Pasta 

I can hear how distressed you are. It might be a good idea for you to try some breathing exercises. Have you ever done them before? They can be extremely calming. If you like I can send you some guided breathing exercises. 

I think it is absolutely fantastic that you have spoken up about how you feel. I know it might seem really scary right now, as reaching out can be a huge and hard step for everyone, but remember this is your mum and her partner - two people who probably want the best for you. I don't think it's going to go as badly as you think, and even if it does, at least you know you tried. 

Ps. you are correct regarding the 10 sessions. If you get a mental health care plan from your GP, you should be eligible for 10 medicare-rebate-able psychology sessions. Some psychologists charge extra than the rebate, meaning there might be a gap fee. E.g., the psycholgist might charge $150.00, but medicare might only cover $125.00 of that, meaning you'll be out of pocket $25.00 each session. However there are some bulk billing psychologists (meaning there won't be a gap fee). If you ask your GP for a bulk billing psychologist they should be able to point you in the right direction. 

Laslty - have you ever been in contact with any helplines? Services like Kids Helpline and Suicide Call Back Service offer free counselling and crisis support. See here for more information. 

@Maddy-RO I don't have a gp and I called khl for the first time yesterday.

I feel so lonely, feels like no one wants to talk to me. I think I have friends but I really can't tell anymore everything is just so confusing, at school it's okay I guess but then it's the weekend's and after school no one ever talks to me or asks me do stuff with them. I feel forgotten, left out. Is this my fault? Do I have real friends?