cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Think I might be suffering from borderline personality disorder

Hey @Bananatime04 I'm feeling a lot better now, just yesterday I decided to picke up my guitar, I haven't played it in months maybe even a year. I can't put it down, my fingers are sore ahah. It's quite a good distraction I guess to forget about everything.  Currently playing around with some recordings in Premier Pro. I'm home alone again but I think I'll be good.

I’m really proud of you for playing your guitar after a whole year! I’m happy it’s been a positive choice and hope that it continues to help you and distract you Smiley Happy
Do you have one of those triangle things you can use instead of your fingers? Haha I don’t know what they’re called sorry 😆

Hi @Pasta 

I am really glad you are feeling better today Heart

As a fellow guitar player I feel your pain about sore fingers. You have inspired me to pick up one of my guitars this weekend and get back in to playing, as I have had lots on with work and uni so I definitely need some self care. Its great that you are so creative as you take pictures as well. Taking time to do the things that you love can really make a difference! I haven't used premier Pro before is it good? I use Ableton for my recording and producing.

@Claire-RO I don't know, I just know how to use it and I already have it installed, more for editing videos I think. I've stopped using it now and just playing cords trying to match lyrics. It's acoustic so it's loud enough I can't hear my terrible singing ahah.

@Bananatime04 I think your talking about the guitar pic? If so I am using one but it doesn't help your fingers that are playing the cords.

Oh aha sorry! Silly me!
I used to have a guitar but never actually knew how to play it and I know nothing about them! Sorry

@Bananatime04 no need to be sorry ahah. I only sort of know how to play, know a couple songs and that's how I know some cords, don't know what they are called aha.

Hii @Pasta , I'm happy that you're feeling better today and picking up the guitar again! You've reminded me that I should also take some time for myself and play the piano again.

How's your time using Premier Pro? I remember it making me so frustrated when I tried to edit a video with it because it would keep making my laptop lag and freeze. But I guess that's because my laptop is nearly 7 years old.

As for your guitar making your left hand sore, maybe taking some some short breaks every 30 minutes or so would help with the soreness? I usually take intermittent breaks when playing piano, otherwise they'll cramp up Smiley Very Happy Although I'm sure over time your fingers will become used to the strings! What songs are you playing on your guitar?

@drpenguin at the moment I'm trying to make my own song but it's proving it's self to be quite difficult. I learnt t play some songs yesterday using "finger style" or something can't remember what it's called (breeze blocks and hold back the river). Also trying to play stuff I remember. I would take a break but I feel as though I can't ahah.

Listening to this is making me feel unwell, almost like butterflies in my chest not like the guilt feeling I usually get. I don't know if this is good or bad aha, I really don't think I'm going to share what I've made with anyone, does that make me selfish?