cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts

I've been dealing with depression for 5 years but recently (last few weeks) my mind has started telling me people r after me. I know for a fact they arent but my mind keeps telling me they are. Its not like a voice its just a thought. For example whenever someone drives past my mind tells me to check its not somebody looking for me. Sometimes at night i cant sleep cause im scared ill wake up and people will be looking for me. Im not sure what to do

Re: Thoughts

Hi @Imsad8,

I am sorry to hear that you have been struggling so much recently. It must be so frightening to feel as though people are after you so it is understandable that you are losing sleep over this. I know this may not make things easier for you but you aren't alone in feeling this way. Other people have experienced similar types of thoughts and concerns before. I am wondering if you have shared these thoughts with a professional? Sharing what you are going through can be difficult but it can also help provide you with an objective opinion from someone who is qualified in this area. If you are interested, we also have a tool called NextStep which can help you figure out where to go from here Heart

Hi, thank you. I havent seen a professional for 3 years so i havent told anyone about this but ill check out that link

Hey @Imsad8, you are most welcome! Have you thought of reconnecting with that professional or choosing a new one? The process can be a little daunting at first but face to face support can go a long way in addressing what you have been going through. If you need support in the meantime, there are also services like Kids Helpline, eHeadspace and Lifeline. A lot of people use these services in their moment of distress, though you can talk to them whenever you feel you need or want to. Is there anything that helps when you are having these scary thoughts? 

Thanks! I think i would choose a new professional. I csnt even remember the person who i last saw. Watching youtube probably helps the most.

You must have seen them a while back if you can't remember them. I'm glad to hear that you're open to seeing a new professional, and that you know some strategies that work for you (e.g., watching YouTube).

It does sound like you're experiencing some quite uncomfortable thoughts. When you say that you feel like people are after you, do you mean that you think that are trying to hurt you? It's good that you're able to recognise that these are just thoughts and not real.

Do you have any one around you (family, friends, a GP) who can support you at this time?

Hi @Imsad8 I just wanted to check in to see how you were going? 

they arent trying to hurt me they r just looking for me. and yeah, i have 2 friends who can support me. im gonna try to see a GP soon.

im doing okay thank you

Hey @Imsad8, it must be scary to feel as though people are constantly looking for you. It is great to hear that you have some supports in place. How do your friends support you? They sound like lovely friends to have! Best of luck with your GP visit! Please feel welcome to let us know how you go.