cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To the people that racially discriminated against me this afternoon.

Did it make you feel big? 

To make me feel bad about something I can't change.

Did it make you feel strong to humiliate me in the store today?

To treat me different because of my skin colour. 

I'm sorry that I didn't grab a basket I was feeling socialy anxious and people wouldn't move, i was carrying like four items in my hand. 

I wasn't wearing a hoodie.

I wasn't acting suspicious.

I came to your store because I love different cultural peoples snacks. 

Does this sound like a criminal to you?

I was wearing a sweater, i had jeans and high tops on. 

...and then you stand at the front door, AND YOU DONT EVEN HAVE SECURITY GUARDS FOR THE STORE. 

You got one of your workers to physically stand at the door to check my bags. WHICH YOU HAVE NEVER EVER DONE FOR ANYONE WHEN IVE SHOPPED THERE FOR 3 YEARS.

Only for me. 

Yeah because I'm black I must be a criminal, because im black i'm going to steal from your shop.

Well this experience has made me ill to the stomache. 

I don't think i'm going to leave the house for a month or two because of my anxiety at all time high levels.

i'm never going to shop at your store again.

Why do you have to humiliate me and make me feel less then human?

What happened to a country where we can all just get along, where i dont have to be treated like a bad person because i just want to buy some snacks?

Thanks for making me cry all the way home today.

thanks for showing me how terrible people actually are in this world.

..THIS world and people like you..making me feel fjyucking hopeless. 

This is yet another store that I have to mentally remind myself to not go to again this is the 5th store i have had to avoid and i am only 18 years old. 

PEOPLE LIKE YOU DISGUST PEOPLE LIKE ME. 

Hope your happy because you just lost a customer. 

Mood- depressed

Anxiety- Through the roof.

Re: To the people that racially discriminated against me this afternoon.

Oh no.... @BluezCluez that is awful and I'm so sorry you had to experience that. I haven't spoken to you in ages and it's really saddened me to read this. I understand how hurtful this type of behaviour is - I experienced a really awful racial attack on tram about 3 weeks ago. I just want to check in with you and see if you have some self care lined up for tonight? Racism as a whole is a big issue to fight but I think tonight, it's best to just work on looking after yourself. Maybe share a list of some of your favourite self care activities with us... try and incorporate something that makes you feel good about yourself and your culture? so for me, after my incident was doing a drawing using colours from the flag and words to represent my favourite parts of being aboriginal.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

That's really sad to hear @BluezCluez Smiley Sad They had no right to treat you like that. @j95 makes an awesome point about self care - that might help with your mood and anxiety too?

Hi @BluezCluez, I'm so sorry you had such a difficult experience.

Just wanted to check in and see how you're feeling today?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //