cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Today I am having a tough time because...

Today I am having a tough time because my teacher just sprung a practice Vce exam on us today without any warning and I was not prepared for it at all. It was very hard and really messed with my confidence of my abilities to do this subject. It certainly doesn't help when she has a habit of publicising our mistakes in front of the entire class, and will probably do so next time we see her. I guess if she did this a month later it would've been better, but right now I just feel like giving up. 

Highlighted

Ughhh @zzz8 that would have been super stressful! Also, not nice to have mistakes raised in front of the whole class. I know it's reallly hard - but just remember that no matter what your VCE results turn out to be, it does not determine your long-term success or your worth. To be very honest, I did terribly in the NSW version of a VCE. It hasn't stopped me doing anything I want to do Smiley Happy All you can do is study as best you can and try to go easy on yourself at this stressful time. 

Highlighted

Yeah thanks @Sophia-RO , I think I just needed to get it out of my head a bit and say how I was feeling which was in itself very helpful. I think missing home comes and goes in waves and I can ultimately manage it but sometimes I do just need to get it out of my own head so I can move on with my day.

Highlighted

Hello @Lottie, it is great to hear that you found expressing yourselves on the forums to be helpful. Sometimes writing our thoughts and feelings down can be a great way to get them out of our heads helping us to manage them better! I think that is a perfectly understandable way of thinking about missing home. It can definitely come in waves, so I am glad to hear that you are able to manage the feelings so that you can focus on the rest of your plans for the day. Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Thank you @Bre-RO for your advice, I will try to not stress about it too much!