cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Today I am having a tough time because...

@Saltwaterdreamtime Oh wow, so did they give you a few free sessions? Even though your sessions had run out?

By the way, how's your partner and your/her little one going?

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO no it was through the the Medicare rebate system like all the
others but my psych had to apply for it on my behalf, it was extra funding
or something they had, they don’t do it very often but i was fairly
hesistant about ending while sessions were on the phone so that was one way
to drag it out without me going without for months, still ended on the
phone though

We’re going well, I took the day off today and we went for a walk to a
nature reserve a little while away from us. fair to say we are having our
challenges with him at the moment but that’s just perks of a 2 year old hey
Highlighted

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime, I am sorry you had to end your sessions.. especially over the phone. Did you talk about a plan for other resources or support now that your sessions have ended? Understandably things are really difficult at the moment with some restrictions still being in place.. not to mention the effects of the virus still being felt by heaps of people.

Walking around a nature reserve sounds so beautiful. I must admit, I have to do that more.. I love the fresh earthy smells. I imagine the challenges must be really difficult for both you and your partner.. especially as she is working from home, right? I know you do this already but please feel welcome to share if you are up to it!

Highlighted

@Taylor-RO There wasn’t much, just them saying they may look at options for me to continue fee paying but with someone else, but they didn’t really seem sure about that and again I don’t have $100 to fork out each time.
We’re really lucky we have that just near us only a short stroll down the street but it is nice to actually get out of the area and go for a drive every now and then, take some snacks, go on an adventure.
Yeah she will be working from home until at least October at this stage and that could be pushed back and imagine a staggered return could take months so by the time she is back our little one will be at kinder next year so won’t be as big of a deal. But yes just finding it a bit hard in our house right now, none of us have been sleeping very well, I’m already exhausted from just being me, and then being woken up 15 times during the night. I think I could handle this normal stuff if i wasn’t exhausted but the I want a banana no I don’t like bananas, now I want a banana tantrum classic 2 year old stuff is more exhausting and head aching than ever, doesn’t help that the act of going in the car causes a meltdown for reasons we are yet to know. I’m just really really tired.
Highlighted

But that’s just lifE
Highlighted

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling exhausted lately @Saltwaterdreamtime . I hope that you don't have to experience too many more tantrums so that you can get some well needed rest Smiley Happy. I am sorry to hear that you do not have too much options available right now to keep seeing your psych. Hopefully, they can get have a look at some other options and get back to you soon with some good news!

Highlighted

Yeah that probably won’t
Highlighted

Today I'm having a tough time because I got a rude email from someone at work.

Highlighted

Having a rough day today
Highlighted

That really sucks @Saltwaterdreamtime. Did you want to have a chat about it?

Oh no @hellofriend, I am sorry you are dealing with that. Everything about that sounds difficult Smiley Sad