cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Today I am having a tough time because...

@Andrea-RO you put it so well, some people don’t know what they aren’t
told. Yeah, I’ll add some what I’ve said. I’m about to catch up on the
press conference from Daniel Andrews now
Highlighted

Hello @Saltwaterdreamtime , I am just passing on a link from Andrea that she wanted me to send through. Hopefully you find it helpful Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Thanks so much for the kind words @Lost_Space_Explorer5 and @Sophia-RO. Heart
I'm still pretty angry about what these people did and didn't do, but I decided to focus on my hobbies for the past few days. I also talked it out with one of my supports and they said that how I was treated was pretty bad and they would be upset with these people too if they were in my shoes, especially after everything I did to support them. I felt a bit better after that, but this is really going to damage our relationship. What really hurt was that these people acted supportive and said that they would help me in any way they could, but then basically acted like I meant nothing to them. It wouldn't have taken much from them to make me feel appreciated. I wouldn't have acted like they did had our roles been reversed.
I've decided to wait and see if they offer up some kind of excuse or apology. I also think that it's possibly not the whole group who were behind this, maybe just one or two people. At the same time, I get the impression that they lacked insight into how their actions would make me feel. I still want to be on good terms with them and don't want them to feel personally attacked (they have a tendency to exaggerate and act like the victim), but I'm definitely not going to forget what they did and will rethink the effort I put into our relationship. It's not how someone should treat a friend (or so I thought we were friends).

Highlighted

Today I'm having a hard time because I completed a qualification, but when I said I wouldn't be able to attend the graduation as it would be 6 hours of driving just for a formality (and like... A very low key formality. Shaking someone's hand in a classroom in our work clothes and eating a sandwich or something) they said they weren't going to give me the qualification at the agreed time because they were busy and had to prioritise marking those who would be there. So freaking rude. And I need that qualification to do my roles at work when it starts up again, and I also was thinking about applying for other jobs with it since I'm not getting any work at the moment. And now they're spamming the work group chat with pictures of people getting their certificates. Gaah

Highlighted

Ugh that sounds so frustrating @hellofriend! You can't be expected to drive 6 hrs and shake someone's hand just to get your certificate Smiley Sad Did they say when they'd get it to you?
Highlighted

I know right @Lost_Space_Explorer5! ☹️ At first they didn't, then when I sent an unimpressed email they started being a bit more polite, and someone said he'd give it to me before he went away at the end of August... I'm not exactly convinced they will. (Cos ya know, they also said they'd give it to me this week before they decided they didn't have time)

Highlighted

hehe an unimpressed email, I love it! Smiley Very Happy Keep chasing them up on it if they don't get around to it, they can't avoid you forever!
Highlighted

It’s been a really tough few weeks, my partners niece has been in hospital she’s still there but seems to be getting a bit better and I don’t know want to seem like I’m dismissing that but now with Melbourne locked down that’s really affected my work that I thought was going ok 

Just a bit of a shit storm for us right now to be honest 

Highlighted

That sounds so rough @Saltwaterdreamtime. it's really hard when both you and your partner are going through a rough time, because you're both a bit stuck trying to support each other, as well as needing support yourself. 

Have you guys been able to speak about things that have been going on?

Highlighted

Today I am having a tough time because I haven't been given shifts at work for the past three weeks and today I found out I have three shifts next week. I'm trying not to think about how anxious I will feel, but it is really hard not to get overwhelmed and sad about it because I really just don't want to have these feelings anymore.