cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Today I am having a tough time because...

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling overwhelmed and anxious about returning back to work @macar00n. I think I understand how you are feeling as it can feel overwhelming going back to work after a break. I remember the last time that I took a break off work for uni, I felt really anxious about going back and I remember thinking "what if I forgot how to do this...". Are you able to talk to someone at work about how you are feeling? They might be able to help support you while you are easing back into the role Smiley Happy
Highlighted

We’ll get through @Andrea-RO
Highlighted

Thank you for your support Smiley Happy It's only a casual job and I always feel like it should be far easier than I find it to be, and I'm not really comfortable around any of the managers or anything so I don't think I would ask them for help. I have some relaxation techniques and a routine that I find helpful but I'm finding it a bit hard to not get really down about the way I feel. 

Highlighted

Not being able to see my mentors is tough
Highlighted

@macar00n It sounds like you are being super proactive, by using relaxation techniques and sticking to your routine. I get what you mean though, it is hard to ignore if you are feeling really down. I think it's important to allow yourself to feel that. Do you have any people in your life that could be there for you when you are feeling down?

@Saltwaterdreamtime I'm really feeling you on that one Smiley Sad Do you have other ways you can connect with your mentors? 

Highlighted

@Bre-RO nah just phone calls but yeah them being lockdown is pretty shitty
Highlighted

Today, I am having a tough time because I got rejected from two jobs I had applied for within an hour of each other. I have come to the conclusion that people don't want to hire a young person for long-term work in my field in this pandemic. I have sent hundreds of applications and have even been rejected from jobs where someone who knew the recruiters gave me a good reference. I haven't even been interviewed for some jobs when I have more than a year's experience doing the same kind of work. I know I am qualified, meet all the criteria for these jobs and have excellent references. It's really disheartening. I am grateful for having been able to make a bit of money but it's not nearly enough for someone to live on, especially for someone with chronic health conditions.

Highlighted

That's really rough, I'm sorry @WheresMySquishy ☹️

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy I’m so sorry Smiley Sad
Have you been applying to places that have jobs advocated? Also have you tried looking at Seek? It tells you what jobs are available in your area, maybe the places you’re applying don’t have any jobs going at the moment?

If you have no luck and you’re needing more income, would you consider contacting Centrelink?

I’m really sorry that you’ve been rejected so many times, all of those places are really missing out on a good employee Smiley Sad
Highlighted

I have tried Seek and other websites @Bananatime04. These are all advertised jobs that I've applied for. Some jobs have had to stop recruiting due to the restrictions though.

I think with Centrelink, they will put me on JobSeeker and I don't think it would help me in the long-term because they will eventually make me apply for jobs that aren't in my field or don't need a degree. I'm not sure if I would be eligible for a lot of benefits due to my household income as well. I know with a lot of my treatments, they are not available on Medicare or the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme too.