cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Today I am having a tough time because...

@WheresMySquishy oh I’m sorry Smiley Sad that sucks.. sorry I’m not any help to you

I wanna wish you the best of luck and I am thinking of you Heart I hope you find a job soon

Thanks so much for the kind words @Bananatime04. Heart
I know I'm pretty lucky to have at least made some money and a lot of people are struggling now. There are hundreds of applicants for each position advertised in my field.

Today, I am having a tough time because my parents constantly tell other people stuff about me that's not true. No matter how many times I explain things to them, they still go and tell other people stuff that makes me look bad and like I'm lying when I tell people the truth. They also leave out important contextual information and focus only on the negative. We had this issue the other day and I explained to them how what they said is untrue, then today they did the same thing again with a different person. I wish I had parents that took an interest in my life and listened to what I said to them.

Aw, I am sorry to hear about your day today @WheresMySquishy, that does sound really hard. It must also be pretty hard because you have already taken the time to explain to them how you felt when it last happened. Do you think you will feel comfortable talking to them about how you felt today when it happened again?

Thanks for the support @Sophia-RO. Heart
I tried talking to them about it again today but they just ignored and wouldn't reply to me at all. Smiley Sad It's very frustrating.

Yeah that does sound quite frustrating @WheresMySquishy, where you able to do something afterwards that helped to make you feel better?
Anonymous

Today I am having a tough time because work still hasn't given me a qualification I need and finished in June and they keep delaying giving it to me. Also a boss seems to be trying to use me as a pawn to try and get someone else fired, that sucks.

I'm not even getting any work, I hate that  work drama is such a big issue in my life right now 😟

That sounds really difficult and unfair @Anonymous, sorry to hear you are going through that. Do you have any other supports that you could reach out to that might be able to help you get your qualification sorted out?

Today I am having a tough time because I really miss home (which is in another country) and my family and friends. It’s not so much that I want to go home right now, but just not knowing when I will be able to go back again to see my parents and my grandma and my dog in particular is hard. I guess I’m grateful this thread was started here because I find it somewhat hard to talk to many of my friends about it. They are able or have been able to see family recently and so don’t really see it as an issue. People tend to say “that sucks” and then kind of move on. Just needed to vent and also see if anyone else was going through a similar thing and had any tips (short of calling home heaps haha)

Hello @Lottie, I am sorry to hear that you are having a tough time because you are missing your family and friends. I think I can understand how you are feeling as I have also not been able to see my parents for a few months now. It's not the exact same way that you are feeling as it would be harder for you as you are in another country, but it's still sad to not be able to see our family when we want to! I am glad that you feel like you can share your thoughts here on the forums. Hopefully you found being able to vent to be a nice outlet Smiley Happy