cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Toxic Best friend?

Thank you for the advice, it’s great to hear i’m not alone with my struggles.
What you said is really helpful, so thank you!
I have been recently hanging out with other friends much more often and distancing myself from her and it’s working very well!
Thanks again for the reply.

Thank you so much for the advice. I’ll definitely take what you said about sharing my feelings and use it when I feel comfortable enough to.
So far I’ve been keeping my distance from her and am already feeling much better.
Thank you for the reply.

Thank you for the articles, they have been helping me heaps! I appreciate the different perspective on the situation and how you said it’s not anyone’s fault, helps me to keep a clearer and in a way kinder mind about everything.
Thank you so much for the reply.

Thank you for the reply.
I appreciate what you said and the situation is definitely a lot clearer now, so thank you!

That’s amazing! I’m so glad to hear that things are going better for you Heart 

@pstlcims 

It all sounds awful what has happened Smiley Sad both to you and A. Its a horrible feeling and situation going through a friendship breakdown. From what I have read, you seem to be caring person as you knew A was upset and you still reached Smiley Happy. Plus, you're allowed to experience those moments of doubt and dread. They can be gut feelings that are probably right about your situation. What do you think of that?

Drawing back to M, I'd advise caution being around. From what you have described, it seems she doesn't understand your views, beliefs, and opinions about what has happened. Like both of you don't have to agree with everything, but having understanding and trust is important for your emotional and mental safety. And if you don't feel safe in that sense, it sounds you made a good decision to cease hanging around her. 

Have you spoken with anyone else about what you have felt?

So glad to hear things are going better @pstlcims! your wellbeing is so so important, and it's great to hear that that is improving Heart