cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW Trans/Non-Binary and Plural Stuff

@SomeoneNADJS that's good, I hope it helps!

Does S dislike the idea, or do/ does ze* just not want to switch in hirself?

*is it "do ze" or "does ze"? Grammar is weird..

I'm sorry that today was so difficult for you..

With dissociating, I don't think it'd make anyone suspicious even if you couldn't come up with a reason. I used to randomly dissociate like that all the time, but generally people were more confused than suspicious.

I hope the appointment goes well!

[R] @Tiny_leaf Hopefully it will. Ze has said in the past ze doesn’t want to switch, but now ze’s considering having a go. One thing I have observed though is that if someone else wakes up (and everyone else wakes up disconnected from our body), and I’m really tired, they will be too. However, if I’m not and they are, usually they want to go back into inactivity, but if they’re kept up for a while to get back a bit of strength, usually they stop feeling tired and are happy to stay up. Since for a long time S has probably been the least active member of our system, maybe ze just needs a bit more time awake to feel a bit more energised. Ze’s also had dysphoria concerns, but I think if T can ignore it, maybe ze can too. Idk, we might have to look a bit further into this.

I think it would be “does ze”. That’s how I would’ve said it.

The dissociation is mostly under our control, so I could’ve stopped if I wanted to. My excuse is that I’m tired (which is true most of the time), so people just assume I’m trying to sleep/rest.

Thanks Smiley Happy

@SomeoneNADJS 

Dysphoria's weird.. so are brains actually..  I'm sure you'll be able to figure something out with time though.

Wait you can control your dissociation?? Smiley Surprised My brain just randomly "stops" on me sometimes. And then my cat, being the loving, gentle creature she is, bites my face until I stop and pat her. 

[R] @Tiny_leaf Yeah, we're in control of our dissociation. Although some weird stuff with our vision has happened when someone other than me has switched in, which isn't intentional.

Your cat kind of sounds like one of our dogs, except she paws people when she wants a pat and bites them when she doesn't (or when she does, for some reason).

@SomeoneNADJS that's weird huh..  could it just be them adjusting to everything?

Awww your dog sounds very annoying and very cute.

[R] @Tiny_leaf It’s probably because our brain’s used to me doing everything. Hopefully that will go away with time. Yeah, she’s both.

I am still up at a ridiculous hour. Dysphoria kept me up, and now I just don’t feel tired. Tomorrow’s going to be a pain because I have so much I need to get done.

Hi @SomeoneNADJS, I hope that you were able to get through your day and achieve all that you had to Heart Losing out on sleep really sucks.. I personally hate that feeling of lying in bed and realising how tired I am going to be the next day. Sometimes all we can do is wake up, try our very best and then make up for lost sleep the next night. Would I be right in saying that what is effecting your sleep is out of your control?

[R] @Taylor-RO I was going to make it even worse last night, because I was going to stay up to finish off some study notes a teacher wanted me to hand in today. Our mum told me not to worry about it, and I didn't end up going to school anyway. Today I'm going to try to finish some other work off, but I don't know what I'm doing for some of the essay plans I have to do. The dysphoria and suicidality is out of my control and that's keeping me up, yes.

I wasn't going very well this morning and slept for about an extra two hours after being granted permission to stay home. There have been six days of the school term so far, and I've missed half of them now. I can't wait until these exams are over. I'm doing semi-alright now.

Edit: Also forgot to mention we're getting the blood test results back later today.

Hey @SomeoneNADJS 

How have you all been? Sounds like it was a tough night. I can only imagine how draining grappling with dysphoria and suicidality would be - especially into the early hours of the morning. 

I hope you were able to get some rest and that the blood test results were okay Heart 

Highlighted

[R] Hi @Bre-RO. Yeah, it was a bit of a bad night. We've been able to get some more rest recently. Blood test results came back and everything was normal other than being a bit low in iron and B12.

I have more stuff to write, but I'll do after my psychologist's appointment this afternoon, because I have some work for tomorrow I need to get done.