cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: My job is actually tiring me out like I feel so stressed out and not supported and it really is angering me and I hate that
Positive: Good future experience and this might help me get better jobs because I can deal with so much stress. Day off today Smiley Happy

Negative: <insert something I can't really say here>

Positive: I haven't done anything serious and I don't have to. It's not mandatory to pay attention and follow along with what my thoughts are telling me I have to do. I don't have to do it and I don't have to punish myself if I don't do it. Not following along would be a proper positive, but trying not to is at least neutral I guess.

Are you talking about self-harm @Bay82VU? It's ok to mention it as long as you don't use triggering language, like methods.

Do you want to talk about it? If not to us on Reach Out, then maybe to a Lifeline or eHeadspace counsellor?

Yeah I am.

I don't know how to talk about it. 

@Bay82VU - have you read through some of the articles about self-harm here on Reach Out? That might help you identify some of the actions and emotions to start talking about it. If you want to start a thread about it, I know quite a few members of the community have personal experiences with self-harm and would be willing to listen and support you.

Negative: was overwhelmed with racing thoughts, that it was so hard to focus on my readings

Positive: I got through it, maybe I needed a break from studying. I still did manage to get some reading done.

Negative: Still feeling incredibly sore, nothing seems to ease the pain in my shoulder blade. and the pain is even radiating down my arm! Smiley Sad

Positive: I got some strong pain relief from the chemist today, will have to go to the GP is it's still sore in a few days

Negative: The way the chemist spoke felt like she wasn't impressed that we were asking for the pain relief

Positive: She was probably a bit stressed, she had two other staff around her at the time. She was only doing her job as a pharmasist! 

Negative: I'm still lacking in motivation to get anything done. Have been feeling really overwhelmed recently

Positive: I'm going to tackle everything one bit at a time, I can deal with issues as the crop up instead of worrying about it. I'm streaming a calming playlist through spotify

Negative: Didn't get much sleep last night because the pain was so bad.

Positive: I got some sleep eventually. I've been able to take today easy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Negative: spent night in the ER

Positive: I needed to stay safe, and now have a safety plan and follow up over the weekend.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

@redhead - Really great perspective there on the negative. Glad you're doing what you need to stay safe. Thinking of you.

Negative: Feel a little bit lonely tonight as I'm home alone, and all my friends live over an hour away or are overseas.

Positive: Getting some 'me' time to just chill out and do bugger all. Also, finished reading my first book since Harry Potter. (Shameful admission).

Negative: Feeling very deflated. Have no motivation to do anything, not even an assessment deadline tomorrow bothers me right now.

Positive: I have the assessment done, I just need to chalk up the courage to proof read and send it through.

Negative: My shoulder is still sore, the pain is now travelling down my arm. Mum said my collar bone and surrounding area didn't feel right when rubbing the elmore oil in.It certainly felt different when she rubbed the other side too!

Positive: I will go to the GP if tonight is as painful as last night! (Yes I will stop procastinating!)

Negative: I feel like the feedback I got today did not reflect myself or my efforts recently. I feel like I was marked too easy, because what is on the paper doesn't feel like I've achieved that!

Positive: N boosted me up with examples I was completely overlooking! She told me she didn't believe what I was saying. K helped me see a different perspective too!!

Negative: I just feel so flat. So disinterested and disconnected with life. Almost like a walking zombie! eh

Positive: I've had a lot going on recently, assessment stress, family stuff, moving house, not to mention the personal struggles. I've also been remembering a couple incidents from a few years ago after contact with eheadspace. It's also taking effect on me..

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart