cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: I haven't finished my assignment due tomorrow night and I'm stressed and anxious about it.

Positive: I have a nice teacher and I can get an extension if I need and I can get up early tomorrow and try to get most of it done. 

Negative: I've been struggling to get out of bed and I end up wasting my day.

Positive: Tomorrow is a new day and I can just try again.

Negative:
My cousin really pissed me off today and really can be so rude and has a way of bringing me down.

Positive:
Thank God I have my room because I can just step away from her and just find ways to make myself happy and I am proud I didnt blow up at her.

Negative:
Working too much and studying too I dont have time for a lot of things and was starting to feel overwhelmed

Positive:
Finished both my assignments and have more time off next week and I've come to terms with myself and that I dont want to work too much and I would rather enjoy life a bit more Smiley Happy

Neg: So tired and confused and not prepared for my assessment tomorrow! Smiley Sad Why didn't I get help sooner????

Pos: At least I wrote a paragraoph

Neg: One paragraph took you an entire day? Seriously?

Pos: It's more than I've done for either of my essays...

Neg: Who am I kidding? I dont understand any of it! I feel so stupid!! Smiley Sad

Pos: If I fail, at least I'll be able to go to my lecturer and ask him to explain it again

Neg: Why would he do that? I should understand it by reviewing my notes!!

Pos: I can always ask... He can only say no

Neg: Why should my tutor help me? I've only read one article and I've had them for weeks!!

Pos: I can be honest....

great top see you trying hard to change your perspective @Shadow !

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Negative: So tired from work, didnt think I could drive home my legs were that sore!

Postivie: Must be time for me to catch up on sleep! Early dinner and bed sounds good. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Negative: I have nerve damage from my self harm last night
Positive: they reckon its not permanent and it should get better in a few weeks

Negative: I have a deadly blood disorder that means my body doesn't process iron and I get too much, but somehow my iron is actually low and I'm anemic.
Positive: low iron is easy to treat.

Negative: things are weird between me and mum now after I told her
Positive: it should get better with time.

Negative: I'm meant to go to a meeting tomorrow but I have no idea where it is.

Negative: the new meds I was put on last week has some deadly side effects I have to look out for
Positive: it's rare to get them and this med could really help me.

Negative: I'm really hating therapy.
Positive: it could help so I have to stick with it.

Negative: feeling tired and worn out.
Positive: hopefully I'll have a good sleep tonight.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Neg: I get these glimpses where I'm more positive, where I have a positive outlook overall, and taking challenges in my stride. However they never last for long. And sometimes it only takes a tiny thing to bring me crashing down again
Pos: I'm learning to become this more often. Its something I'm building. Resilience takes time to build.

Neg: People used to say I was such a resilient person, pity they couldn't see through the facade I put up... Was I really resilient or did the facade make me appear that way?
Pos: That doesn't matter anymore.

Neg: I feel like I've wasted so much of my life being scared to try new things, scared to try at all. Sometimes I'm scared of myself.
Pos: Experimentation is all apart of finding ourselves, and becoming the person we are today!

Neg: I'm noticing that I seem to entre different mindsets depending on who I'm working with at work. I should be able to be myself and not change my mind just because I'm working with different people. I don't know if this is causing a feeling of insecurity and isolation at work?
Pos: I can be myself and those who matter will accept that. Those who want to criticise are evidently not the people I should be surrounding myself with.

Neg: Sometimes I feel like I'm never going to get anywhere, like I'm stuck in this one position with no way to move. Kinda like being stuck in the mud, you want to move, but it's too thick to push through yourself.
Pos: I will be free from the mud in time....

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Negative: I'm putting on weight
Positive: I'm trying to get my eating back to normal so it's understandable. I need the weight to bbe healthy too

Negative: voices :/
Positive: I'm distracting myself to get rid of them and most of the time it helps
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

Well done @Bee that's a huge amount of insight you have. 

And when you say...

Neg: I feel like I've wasted so much of my life being scared to try new things, scared to try at all. Sometimes I'm scared of myself.
Pos: Experimentation is all apart of finding ourselves, and becoming the person we are today!

It reminds me of one of my most favourite movie lines, from 3 Kings, on courage:

The way it works is, you do the thing you're scared shitless of, and you get the courage AFTER you do it, not before you do it.

Which, for me, has always been very true. It's totally ok to be scared when you do something. The point is to do it. The courage will come later. Smiley Happy

Nice one @redhead great to see you challenging old ways of thinking.

@NigioC I want to reply to this, but I don't really know what to say?

~~

Neg: Feeling so very very tired. Exhausted. Mentally & Physically. I got less than 6 hours sleep last night Smiley Sad
Pos: I'm aware of it, I can adjust myself and how I do things to not disturb those around me too much with erratic moods because I'm over tired.

Neg: Despite the lack of sleep, I still can never seem to get to bed early! Instead I stay up researching laptops, or I journal for hours on end. and in the long run never get anywhere....
Pos: I'm being somewhat productive I guess?

Neg: I don't work again until Thursday, is that part of, or contributing to me feeling like I'm out of control or not coping with life, and having days where I literally do nothing?
Pos: This is something I can monitor and see how it goes. Would I be better working shorter shifts most days of the week? or a few long ones? IDK

Neg: I am feeling so very much in limbo right now. I'm not 100% sure where I stand with eheadspace, have no real face to face counsellor/psych yet and kinda don't feel ok going back to the campus counsellor. Feeling so lost and unsure of it all.
Pos: I have an apt with the campus counsellor on Monday, I will go and re-assess how I feel after that

Neg: Not even focusing right now. Blergh. Feeling kinda numb, wanting to cry but knowing full well I don't have the energy to do so, to let out everything hurting inside...
Pos: ?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart