cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

hey @redhead how are you going? Are you safe right now?

You've done an awesome job identifying the positives in such a tough situation, that is definitely something to be proud of! You have such a great presence here in the forums.  I hope you are feeling better

@blithe I don't really know how I'm feeling. I didn't end up ringing anyone last night, I just didn't feel like anyone would even want to listen... "whats the point?" I just kept thinking...

Neg: My front teeth are really sensitive right now. They collided with a glass last night/night before, and they're rather sore. I know I need to fins a dentist locally now that my otherone moved away and I'm not longer covered by the public system. (not tha I even want to go back to them!) I'm just so scared to even try a new dentist, the fear and anxiety is pracically unbearable. I can't even look at local websites without having a reaction. Smiley Sad I'm over it. It's like I can't fix this properly until I get my mental health sorted/stabilised. I'm too fragile to even try with a new dentist. I mean even this I'm crying, shaking. Not able to even concentrate. Work is even hard. TAFE is compeltely unenjoyable now.

Pos: I've taken pain relief for the pain. Will monitor how they go. I'm working on contacting a psychologist/counsellor locally.

Neg: The red I put through my hair has faded and now looks shit. I can see it about 3cm from my foots for about 5cm before it's gone again. Mum says it's throughout all my hair, but I can't see it. I thnk it just looks shit. It's annoying me that it didn't turn out like I wanted, and that only some of it has washed out. It feels dodgy.

Pos: I am going to look at other hair dyes soonish and re-do it. I'll probably do that next week when I have some time off. I can always go to the hairdresser...

Neg: I keep getting a cramp in my neck. It's really starting to piss me off. My hands also continue to cramp. I'm over it.

Pos: The cramps don't last too long thankfully.

Neg: Feeling really fragile again tonight. Why does my mind have to be so shit all the time? I remembered earlier today a comment from one of my supervisors on Sunday/Monday. I was telling her how I nearly hit my mailbox and bin backing out of my drive way. I commented that it just wasn't my day. She made a comment about hearing that a lot from me. Giving me my pencil case and the key. *sigh* seems that people are always ready to judge but never actually help.

Pos: She doesn't know that I suffer with mental illness (no one at work does, nor anyone in my life) she wasn't to know it'd hurt me, it's probably just her way of geting the message across. It wasn't done maliciously! 

Neg: Wanting to just curl up in a ball and cry the rest of the night away. No real desire to do anything. I also have work tomorrow and cannot fathom how I'm going to mentally find myself ready for it. I'm not even feeling okay to serve tea.. It smells like it's nearly cooked.

Pos: I will take it one step at a time. I will go check tea, I will try to enjoy it. I will have a hot shower ater tea to try and relax a little. I might just grab a book and read until I feel tired tonight or watch a movie of some sort...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee I think it's awesome that you understood no harm was meant by the comment of your work friend. It's important to know that people don't always mean things to be rude.
You've got this, you are practically a master at turning negatives into positives. Finding negatives, easy. Finding positives, hard. Turning negatives into positives, some find that even harder. Smiley Happy (so basically you are a nega-ninja, hiding amongst the negatives and then beating them into positives. And because nega-ninja sounds cool Smiley Very Happy)

Neg: Feeling really on edge tonight. Had a shower, but the water wasn't hot, my hair refused to play nice resulting in me riping out several large clumps of hair. I'm contemplating getting it all cut off, I'm so pissed off with it. My whole mind is just racing with all this anger and negative thoughts, but I'm feeling so on edge and like nothing is right and like it's all just going to fall apart in an instant. And I really have no words to describe the actual feeling. Smiley Sad I jus want to scream at everything!

Pos: I've blow-dried my hair to prevent it rom annoying me any further. I'm going to finish watching this new series I found on youtube and try and relax.

@N1ghtW1ng I actually don't understand half of your post but it made me smile so thank you!

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

Negative: I hate hospital
Positive: it kept me safe and I got to do some art therapy today which was pretty fun.

Negative: I'm so tired. This new medication makes me really drowsy.
Positive: it could be worse. I'm gonna have a nap now to see if that helps
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Neg: Nearly entered panic at work today and wasn't even sure why. I was nearly ready to walk out and leave early.

Pos: I managed to pick myself back up (kinda) and get on with my work after my break.

Neg: Saw I had a missed call, and didn't know the number. I kinda paniced a little.

Pos: I googled the number and turns out it was one of the psychs I'd emailed through yellow pages locally. I must have forgotten that I gave her my number and forgot to put hers into my phone. Wishing I rang back during the day. Damn. All is not lost, it's a mobile number so theoretically I could still ring back tomorrow and see if she answers?

Neg: My teeth still hurt Smiley Sad Going to have to try and brace myself to finding a new dentist locally. I'm actualy really scared because even though I have sensitive teeth, this pain (even though not very severe) is somewhat concerning, as I cannot chew properly.

Pos: I should be able to get an emergency apt with a clinic locally. I'll do my best to remain as calm as I can. I just have to let them know I'm panicy.

Neg: I'm scared to ring the psych back now knowing it's her that tried to ring me.

Pos:  can do this, if I find it to much I'm sure I can send a text..?

Neg: Left work early yesterday due to a migraine

Pos: I managed to let my supervisor know that I had to leave early. I set myself a boundary and I stuck to it. I was looking after me! Smiley Happy

Neg: I didn't get hte errands run yesterday I wanted because of that migraine!

Pos: My supervisor gave me today off, which enabled m to run them late this morning and early arvo.

Neg: Began to accept that ringing the psych back is something I'm not going to achieve overnight.

Pos: I'm learning how long it wil take for me to accomplish things. I sent her a text just before, I've go to look at it in a means of trying, I'm finding that balance between what I know I need to do and wht I can realisitcally manage. It's going to take time!

Negative: been seeing you things again today :/
Positive: managing fairly well considering, and I promised myself to stay safe

Negative: voices too
Positive: took my meds and gonna go to bed early
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Neg: have an absolute angry meltdown/outburst, rarely even gotten to that point but tonight I did. I'm feeling really ashamed and embarassed about it and reallysorry for upsetting one of my housemates.

Pos. yet to find one.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//