cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Neg: had a good weekend away but as soon as I got home everything went to shit again
Pos: at least I had a good last 3-4 days

Neg: I'm seeing things again right now. :/
Pos: trying to distract from them

Neg: my counselor at khl was busy
Pos: I'll try her later.

Neg: :'(
Pos: crying is ok
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Neg. So exhausted its not even funny
Pos: been having so much fun to make myself this tired and at least I know I'll sleep well tonight
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Negative: I cannot remain focused on a single task for longer than a few minutes. I'm already trying to go onto something else while doing this.
Positive: You can focus on reading (when interesting book) and on writing (sometimes.

Neg: So much internal noise! Just jumping straight from one thing to the next it's somewhat (a lot) frustrating.
Pos: I still get through the day. And it's not a completely bad thing either, it just makes things harder, but not impossible.

Neg: Things at home are overwhelming me today. I can't even type properly right now. Feeling so very overwhelmed so annoyed. Feeilng at the end of my tether

Pos: I'm aware that things are hitting my limit. I am working towards being open with my psych. I am giong to do some relaxation exercises tonight after this, really just try to calm. I'm tryig to focus on the youtube mix I'm listening to right now

Neg: Feeling like there is so much I just need to do right now. Right now there is so many things I want to do, but I'm not feeling well enough to really do any of it. So confused. There's so much I want to bring up with the psych, just to figure it all out, but I'm not even sure how to address it or where to start. What to do even.

Pos: I can take things one by one. I only need to go at a pace which I'm okay with. I will be able to be open with her in time. I've written a letter during the past week which I printed out today and plan on handing her tomorrow, that is after I show up!

Neg: Things at home got very heated today. and it's left me feeling so confused. So lost and annoyed. I'm sick of the same fights over money. As if money is everything. I just can't cope with that attitude of wanting champagne on a beer budget. I just can't keep living in a mixed world like this anymore...

Pos: I know I'm not to blame for what happened. I was just a bystander. I am allowed to feel whatever it is inside right now. I am working on my attiude to everything right now. I'm working on life. 

Neg: I woke this morning with a pain in my chest, near the bottom of my rib-cage. I tried to just ignore it and sleep, but it's hung aronud a fair bit today. Not sure if it's asthma from al the smoke in the air right now, or something else. 

Pos: I am watching it. I am taking all necesary precautions and monitoring the pain. Ensuring I'm  breathing nice and deep and that the air is fresh!

Neg: Was late to work this morning. Found it kinda hard to get through my shift. I'm feeling so disappointed in myself, that I'm struggling to get through my 4.5 hours shifts, feeling like I'd rather be in bed.

Pos: Thankful I wasn't too late, and it was heaps busy either! SO there wasn't extra strain on colleagues. This something I NEED to bring up with the psych and GP and see what can be done. I'm struggling with the shifts because of my sleep cycle and also the excessive worrying and anxieties. I am trying to get these under control by seeing a pysch! It's a process.

Neg: Asked an old friend if there is any chance of patching things over between us, but not feeling like I CAN do that right now. Feeling like it is just too hard. Running into her at work on Friday made me remember all the things I didn't like about the relationship and why I didn't fight the friendship ending. I'm so confused.

Pos: I need to look after myself, and if right now that means that it take a few weeks to finally start to patch it over, than so be it. It also needs to be a two way street. At the moment the ball is in my court, but I'm having trouble throwing it. I think right now I need to talk this over with someone before diving in and making any deicisons where this is concerned. Right now I think I just need to take a breather and relax.

Neg: Feeling numb right now. There is nothing.

Pos: I am going to check my apple and backcurrent pie and afterwards have a bath to realx my body.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart
Highlighted

Hey @Bee

I know there's lost going on for you at the moment but well done for continuing to look for the positives. It takes lots of wisdom and strength to be able to see the good side in something and you are particularly skilled at it. Smiley Happy

@ruenhonx I'm still trying to find a way around it. maybe it will just take a bit of time. I've started seeing a new psychologist, they can work out whats going on with me (my moods), and what way we can go around it.

Negative: I've only done a little bit on my assignment today.

Positive: I still have till tom 4pm, I can try working on it tonight, and during the wee hours of the morning. Don't really feel tired today anyways. Loads of energy Smiley Happy.

@NigioC haha thanks. It's something that happens when you spent so many years using it (this thread) as a daily task (well nearly!)

Neg: Got to a point today where I just couldn't interact with the children. It felt too hard.
Pos: One girl in particular wanted me to interact with her - her persistence helped me pull myself back to reality! I tried to look after myself by putting it into perspective, I was nervous about 2 big things today which were taking up A LOT of space in my mind, which was making the interactions feel impossible.

Neg: Felt silly during my presentation because it was so different and I had no confidence within myself to do it.
Pos: I GOT THROUGH IT. I got confirmation that I PASSED it today! The confidence I something I am still working on each day.

Neg: Feeling conflicted upon myself about everything. On one hand I'm feeling all so very ashamed about mental illness still, yet on the other, the psych explanation today really helped me see it's not. I'm just so conflicted about what I actually believe.
Pos: It's okay to still feel conflicted. I know not to be too harsh on myself with it. Within time I'll believe it's nothing to be ashamed of...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Negative: I'm sick of my body not working because of self harm.
Positive: it could be worse...
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Neg: I should be crowned the king of procrastination the ProcrastinaKing. Because I just can't get anything done.
Pos: That was an awesome name. ProcrastinaKing or ProcrastiKing. But really, everyone procrastinates, and it's only because it lags and makes you frustrated that you are procrastinating. So there's no issues.

Neg: It's getting crowded in here (my head)
Pos: As overwhelming as it can be. It's cool. Now to work!

Negative: the voices are really bad today. I don't know why. I hadnt heard them for a while.
Positive: I'm distracting myself and trying not to list to their demands.

Negative: I don't want to be safe...
Positive: I know I have to. I can get through this...
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire