cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Hey @redhead, hope you feel better tomorrow. I know it sounds cliche, but a solid night sleep really can help a lot. Let us know how you're doing tomorrow.

Negative: stressed out that I've left my serology too late and now my placement's going to be pushed back.

Positive: I've uploaded everything else to the clinical office, it's just the Hep A & B serology which I'll be getting the documentation for tonight. I can upload it tomorrow so it should be verified by the end of the week. I'm not the only one who needed booster shots and retesting, which takes time (and the clinical staff know that!) Placement won't start until at least September and it's only June - I doubt they'll be too pushy until next semester, as nobody's been allocated anything yet.

Negative: Nursing is such a stressful degree. 6 exams for a normal full-time study load, when other degrees only have 3 or 4...

Positive: I've already done 5 of them, and the last one is on Wednesday. It's multiple choice which should be easy. The reason we have so many exams is because nursing has a huge clinical/practical component, as well as theory - that's one of the reasons I chose the course in the first place. I'm on track to get a distinction average anyway; there's no need for me to worry.

@safari93 still feeling pretty down and tired. My head feels better than before. Still settling down with the time zone difference and all.

Negative: Been feeling really tense today and useless.

Positive: I feel a bit more relaxed after taking a long shower. At least I managed to take a shower, been feeling really tired today.

negative: I cried a bit today, and was trying hold it back but couldn't.

Positive: I guess crying is ok, and its ok to express how I feel.

Crying is definitely ok, in fact it's extemely helpful in certain situations....

Keep up the self-care - proud of you!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Negative: I feel terrible and I don't know if I can be ok

Positive: I've made it through with help before. This time I need to learn to be more independent, it's all I can do.

Negative: I can't seem to distract myself

Positive: maybe I'll listen to some music that I can connect with, at least I won't feel so alone and try distracting myself from this later.

Negative: the last few days have been pretty bad
Positive: I'm safe

Negative: spent all of last night sitting in the emergency waiting room. In the morning the mental health worker said she wouldn't do anything and said it was up to my casemanager as to what happened. So I wasted all that time in DEM. And after meeting with my casemanager then my psychiatrist it was deemed that I had to be admitted.
Positive: everything that happened was to keep me safe. It wasn't ideal but in the end my safety is what matters (even tho I really don't want to be safe right now)

Negative: due to all those things I got no sleep last night which just made today worse.
Positive: I've taken my meds and hopped into bed, I'll soon be asleep and I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

Negative: really struggling with a reason to live atm.
Positive: ?
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@redhead what about because you've been able to help, support and advise a bunch of people with their problems and though you may not think so, you may have helped them turn their lives in a more positive direction.

Neg: feeling unsafe and scared tonight. Just not sure how to get through. I just want to self-harm Smiley Sad I feel so bad. And today was a good day :'( thoughts of self-harm keep circling through my head. Smiley Sad
Pos: I've taken myself to bed so there is nothing within reach.
(I don't know what else to do)

Neg: feeling scared about next week, psychologist and psychiatrist appointments and I'm booked in to get my hair cut. 3 really stressful things for me! Smiley Sad and I can't change any....
Pos: its okay. My psychs are there the help. I'm trying at least.

Neg: waiting for these sleeping tablets to kick in. Unfortunately they don't really make me drowsy so I'm really just waiting on my brain to shut up! Smiley Sad
Pos: at least they have been stopping me from waking up several times a night!!! I've only woken once when using them.

Neg: I don't know if I want to go to work tomorrow...
Pos: I'm probably only saying that because it feels like forever that I've been there.... I really need to get ba more regular work and not large gaps in time. It's only making it harder!!!! Smiley Sad

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart
Highlighted

@Bee

hope you woke up feeling better. It does sound like a routine would help you greatly Smiley Very Happy hope you find your rhythm soon!

Hey @Creativegirl12 - You mentioned feeling terrible and trying to distract yourself. How did that go? More positives today I hope.

@redhead - really glad to hear you are safe. You have been through a lot and you are still holding on, you are still fighting for your life and you are here. That is so important to remember.

@Bee - it sounds like you have procedures in place to take care of yourself and stay safe and that is so awesome and inspiring. I hope you also had a better day today Smiley Happy