cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Just want to say, what an awesome mega effort for keeping yourself safe, @j95! Your growth has been inspiring, and am loving your contributions to the forum. Great insights! 

Hope the rest of the week is productive and positive for you! Smiley Happy

@redhead hey, I'm so glad to hear you benefited from all that massive walking you did yesterday! Well done! Smiley Happy

I don't think I've ever accomplished all that in one day!!

Good that you are using walking exercise as an effective coping strategy for managing your health. Being out in nature and in fresh air is very calming and rejunvenating.  I love going for a walk to a nearby park or creek, or take the bike or my family with me to the playground (yes, still fun at any age!). Sometimes I even dust off the treadill if I can't go outside!

Hope you have an awesome rest of the week and it all goes well. Cheers!

@evanescence thanks

Negativ: my meds have made me sleepy. I don't want to sleep. It's annoying me.
Positiv: I did the right thing in taking them even tho I didn't want to. I need sleep and it's good for me. I need to ignore the voices and do what's right for my health.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Everybody gets hugs for being awesome. *hugs*

Neg: I'm sick.

Pos: It'll pass.

Neg: My hips are in pain.

Pos: They'll be better in the morning, I just have to sleep it off.

Neg: I'm so exhausted, the entire day, and I don't do anything, I'm just tired! It doesn't make any sense.

Pos: It is exhausting being on exchange, and the walk down and up from home to the bus and back again certainly doesn't help. Don't be so hard, I can fix it better when I return to Oz. I'm eating somewhat healthier so there's that.

Neg: My ankle is not doing well, Well, it is, but incredibly fast walking and/or running (and dancing!) does not help.

Pos: It just needs a bit of work. Don't worry too much about it. 

Neg: It's so cold, like, ridiculously so.

Pos: At least there'll be snow and warm fires and a WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Neg: At the moment, I can barely stand or walk or even keep my eyes open because I feel so schlect. I just, don't want to feel so bad anymore. I want to be healthy. 

Pos: And you will be. Just wait until you return to Oz, I have a plan. (That I won't follow through, BUT NO! Ignore that voice, because I will.)

Neg: I don't know what I want anymore. 

Pos: Then don't focus on what you want and just, live. 

@j95 how you going today? You are strong enough to fight it. You mentioned me in a comment on Sunday but I didn't see it. I'm really sorry, I've been crazy busy. But I don't stop thinking about my pals on RO, and as you're a huge part of it, I think of you too. What are you up to?

Neg: I have so much to do today and so little time
Pos: one thing at a time, and it will get done
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

Thats ok@craycray17 I completely understand, I've been flat out too - its that time of the year.
I'm fine now, was just a bad night but I'm ok and I was strong enough to fight those feelings of wanting to SH.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Omg well done! That's huge @j95, seriously good on you. Its so hard to fight those urges, I've definitely been there before. You just keep going, that's what is so admirable about you. Also, I think its really interesting that I'm not the first person who tagged you in that RO factsheet.

Whilst you're in a better mood at the moment, what do you think about that sheet? I'd love to know your perspective or your thought processes about it
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

@Myvo I have absolutely no idea if I've replied to this, I assume not because it was marked as unread in my inbox...
I've been pretty crappy since I last posted here (which I don't even remember when that was!)

Ha, I never got a med review my local hospital is that fked up that they wouldn't even bother to organize to see a psychiatrist, not even over video-link Smiley Sad Yet I talked to a crisis person via video link when I was very suicidal... Go figure. They really didn't pursue their duty of care very well. only to a certain degree.

We reflected on the joys of 2019

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee I know I already mentioned this in the other thread, but I'm so sorry you weren't adequately looked after when you needed it. Is there someone at the local hospital you could speak to about how you were treated and that you feel like you weren't given the care you should've received?

negative: going back to work next week after some time off which means no more sleep ins
postive: but its ok because i love my job and i've enjoyed my much needed time off to work on some things
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//