cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

I feel so overwhelmed I just want someone to hug me and tell me things will be ok because it doesn't feel like they will be
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 I hear you. It's pretty hard to not find fault in ourselves when this is something we do almost automatically when things really trigger us. I found an older post by you that talks about self-blame and you mentioned you have a challenging time trying to deal with it. Am I correct when I say that you are going through similar very painful emotions tonight? 

Remember J that RO is always here and you are very much loved and valued by the RO community. 

@j95 we can brainstorm some strategies that may be helpful in responding to whats been going on for you another time, if you wanted to go into more detail about today.

Right now though we are concerned about you. I can hear how upset you are with yourself and what has happened. If you are having thoughts of suicide do you think you could call lifeline on 13 11 14 or the kids helpline on 1800 55 1800?

Yeah similar but it's worse @Mona-RO it's like the self blame, the anger, the sadness, and everything else all in one and it's so difficult to cope with.

I don't feel valued or loved by many people so I don't really see why I would matter so much to RO

Another time would be better @OceanMaster1207
I don't know what I'm going to do to get through the night I'm not at home I'm in sydney for the night and I'll be back home tomorrow

That's really rough @j95 and I'll remind you that you are a really strong person who has been making amazing progress over the last long while - even if it doesn't feel like it right now. What's something safe that you can try for self-soothing or distraction to get through tonight?

@j95 do you think that makes it harder being away from home? Sometimes we feel like we can manage things better when we're closer to home because we have that sense of security.

Also J, you are very much a big part of this community. First it takes good self awareness to be able to recognise when you need to talk things out on the forums. Second, you offer other members some great support- amongst many other things as well, for example giving us insight about the importance of our RAP.

@OceanMaster1207 @Mona-RO I don't know what I'm going to do tonight it all seems so hard

I feel like I can't breathe I can't think straight

@j95 that sounds really awful Smiley Sad I'm really concerned about your wellbeing. What about calling SCBS or Lifeline and talking to a counsellor? This is just to get through tonight. Tomorrow you'll be home and get to see your dogs. There are also things you can do for comfort from your safety or going for a walk if possible?