Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

No it's not like that
Doesn't matter anyway
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 i think it's time to make a thread. You could call it "what next, or something like that?"

I'd like to do two things on it.

List the stuff that's stressing you out at the moment

List some things you can do to work through em.

I'll help with the second bit!

neg: everything is fucked. i hate being like this. i cant deal with these voices or even my own stupid thoughts. why am i even alive. im not looking forward to therapy today.

pos: even though im not looking forwad to therapy it might help. i just gotta remeber to breathe

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

I did it @Ben-RO it's all stupid though.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Neg: had a very unproductive day
Pos: I got to rest, I felt overworked from uni, I needed it

Neg: I had a bout of intense depressive feeling earlier today.
Pos: I got through it. Been taking the steps to feel better.

Gonna put these into groups, organise all my stuff, fix it up and speak it out to the open! 'Cause the more real it is, the easier it is to handle. Smiley Happy

Jobs. 

Neg: I epically failed last Wednesday and it's hovering over me like a hungry seagull. It really put me in a bad spin downwards, especially in the case of this horrible job. This job being a cashier for a take-away place. It's just stressfull, busy and has too much. 

Pos: I'm getting paid. Plus, my mistakes on Wednesday were only one day. Yes, they were failures, but so what? It was so damn busy, they're all lucky I didn't curl into a ball and start crying. My shift tonight was fine too, not so bad at all, it's fine, I'm sure. Still want to quit, but for now it's alright.

Neg: I got two job/interview offers. Two. I mean, normally or for any normal person, this would be a good thing, and in part it is, but for me it leaves me in an awkward position. I highly doubt whether or not I could hold both jobs at the same time. (I would have to quit the cashier one, for sure) But somehow I'd have to say, I'm sorry, I can't to someone and man that's just so hard! I mean, sure I can say no to people, but to strangers in these kinds of situations, I'm nodding like one of those drinker bird desk toys. Well, not really but I am too afraid, too shy or anxious or whatever to say no, or I can't. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings. 

Pos: First of all, give yourself a high five. Because not wanting to hurt people's feelings is a good thing. Secondly, I know which job I want and which one I don't, so the decision isn't going to be tough (what if one job is higher paying than the other, what if I change my mind, but that doesn't matter. I just have to be patient.). Thirdly, I don't think it would have to be face to face. I might go in for the interview, see how it goes, and then "get" another offer. Or should I say now that I can't? Aah I dunno. Moving on, the conversation might not be face to face, the worst would be over the phone but I can handle anything other than face to face. I know I can. 

Neg: A swim instructor??? A SWIM instructor??? What was I thinking???? I can't swim! Not very well, at least. I have NO experience in teaching swimming. None at all. Why, WHY was I selected for an interview? Plus, didn't I even CHECK to see where it was? It's next to my uni, half an hour/40 minutes drive(which I can't) or an hour and a half by public transport! What was I thinking? What can I do?

Pos: Breathe. Stop. Think. Or maybe it should be Stop. Breathe. Think. Whatever. I applied for it because I thought it would be cool, a swim instructor, how neat and applicable to my current course. I can swim, a do a few strokes and I'll get some training, surely, before they just throw me in to teach kids. IF I even get the job. Yes, it's far away but it is nicely placed near uni, so I know I can get there and how to get there. Which is neat. Besides, an hour and a half IS stretching it slightly. Smiley Tongue

I actually had a lot of subheadings, but I'm so tired right now this is enough. I'll get to the rest tomorrow hopefully. If I remember... Smiley Tongue 

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Hey @N1ghtW1ng,

I hope we addressed a lot of these things in the thread you created.

I want to emphasise that you're doing great. It sounds like the jobs thing is stressing you out quite a bit right now. How do you think you'd go handling 2 jobs + travel + UNI? Is this going to be the healthiest option for you?

I think perhaps you are seeking some advice on how to handle this tricky situation. It just comes down to what you decide is the right thing for you financially, and for your wellbeing and general levels of happiness.

Lahna

Hey @j95,

Just wanted to say that your thread isn't stupid- it's awesome and thanks for creating it Smiley Happy

And also that your tag line/signature is really cool and very empowering. 

Thank you

Lahna

Hey @redhead,

It's good to see that you're addressing these thoughts. You CAN deal with the voices and you CAN deal with your thoughts. I know you have a long list of strategies to help you through this kind of thing. Have you been using these?

Keep breathing, we are all here to help

Lahna

Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng I just wanted to give you a massive shout out because the way you turned those negatives into positives was awesome! Smiley Very Happy

It sounds like you have some pretty big things coming up, and that you're really prepared to give them a go.

The way I like to think about job offers is that they'll be looking at other people for the position anyway, so you should be able to decide which job suits you most. And btw, I think a swim instructor would be SO much fun! Smiley Tongue And if you decide it's not for you, that's perfectly fine Smiley Happy