cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

@Lahna we did, I was actually going to make the other thread just here, making positives but the other night was so overwhelming.

@OceanMaster1207 yeah, it does sound fun, which is why I applied in the first place, but I'm thinking now that it is, at least for now, the wrong choice. Especially due to transport and I'd rather just have one (two, if I stick with cashier) because it's quite far away from home.

I want to send them an email saying that I can't take the job anymore, I'm just afraid of how to do it.

Negative: Didn't go to school
Positive: spending the entire day working on my assessments
Highlighted

@Faith1 well done spending so much time getting through your assignments Smiley Happy Sounds like a productive use of your day even if you didn't get to school. 

Negative: It's a week today since I last had a serious plan to kill myself and I'm not coping with the thoughts well. 

Positive: I set up a solid safety plan with the psychologist yesterday and I know how to keep myself safe. 

Negative: I'm overwhelmed with work and not doing any of it.

Positive: I went to a lecture this morning and will go to a tutorial later, that's two hours of 'work' even if I don't get anything done on my assignments. 

Negative: I. Can't. Stop. Craving. Attention. And. I. Hate. Myself.

Positive: My thoughts and feelings aren't the same as my actions and I need to remind myself that I'm not being unnessarily attention seeking even though I want to be. 

Hey @DruidChild congratulations on a week without plans, you should be proud of that and the hard work you're putting in right now Smiley Happy

I'd love it if you made a thread and told us more about your safety plan - if you feel like it Smiley Happy

- Everything to do with real estate is the absolute worst and I don't want to deal with any of it. I wish I could just dump my stuff and live in a caravan and never have to deal with it.
+ I have a place to live at the moment.
- Maybe I shouldn't be living if this is going to be such a big issue.
+ If I'd care to stop overreacting and be reasonable about this for a second, yes it's stressful but not 100% impossible.

-  I'm a mega idiot cause I can't figure out how I got a set of numbers for a work thing I did 2.5 yrs ago and its reaaaally important that I figure it out. So I'm super screwed.

+ Idk there's no one I can ask cause it was 2 yrs ago and my report was supposed to explain what I did, and it does explain but I think the the explanation is wrong and I have NO way to fix it.

Edit: ++ Omg found the numbers!!! I actually didn't just pull them out of my ass! Score. 

-  It seems like everything I do is wrong and like no one gives a crap about how things are unless it's everything-is-awesome-lego-movie. I'm just upset with myself for being weak, for not having my shit sorted, and I don't feel like there's any way to deal with the not-good-enough thoughts/feelings without active punishment.

+ I'm writing it down rather than doing it straight away. Even if no one cares at least by writing it I could try to tell myself that I care and that it's ok to, even if I don't believe it,

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

- I can't seem to focus on anything right now and I think I'll probably SH again today.
+ I acknowledge choice over my actions even if I don't care enough to choose something different.

@Bay52VU the last two -ve into +ve 's

Cover some pretty tough stuff. They also show that you are becoming aware and conscious of thoughts being just thoughts and that you can choose, and re-write the patterns in your brain that you're not happy with. I am pretty proud of- and happy for you even if there's still some tough stuff.

I am glad you found the numbers too Smiley Happy

Idk @Ben-RO it doesn't seem like progress to me. My actions can change but my thoughts don't seem to. I know how things are with me and I'm fed up with it, and not in a 'time for positive change' sort of way.

@Bay52VU it may not feel like a huge leap in terms of progress to you, but in a lot of cases behaviour comes first and then thoughts follow when it comes to change. Making that decision to not engage in self harm is an important step, so don't underestimate the work you've done Smiley Happy