cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

@Stealth_ninja

It isn't going to bad some weeks are more stressful than others but I am getting things done and thats what matters Smiley Happy

[ It's okay not to be okay ]

Thanks @Stealth_ninja Smiley Happy I'm very grateful for support from awesome people like @N1ghtW1ng too Smiley Happy 

Not sure about the intrusive thoughts. I have a psych appointment on Wednesday so hopefully I'll be able to sort out some better ways of dealing with them then. 

@DruidChild not sure where you're located but if it happened to be Brissy there's a local group in Bris who sell binders (Qld Aids Council / Many Genders One Voice... one of those, not sure which is funding it) to cut down some of that overseas shipping cost. I have no idea if they ship interstate though.

I feel you on the haircut anxiety. I've literally only had 2 different hairstyles thoughout my entire life (not including when I was a baby and too young to understand/articulate/choose how I wanted my hair)... One from little kid-14y.o. and the other one from 15y.o.-now. The main reason I changed it was because I got sick of everyone saying that I should change it. I've been wanting to change my hairstyle for my own reasons for about a year and a half. My current plan is to just do it over the summer hols and deal with family reactions over the break, then deal with work reactions all at once in Jan. Smiley Tongue Mind you, that was my plan last year and I chickened out Smiley Tongue 

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

Thanks for the suggestion @Bay52VU Not in Brisbane unfortunately but I'll check it out or there might be another organisation that does a similar thing.

Good luck with your hair cut plans Smiley Happy 

Hey @Stealth_ninja! Thank you for the kind words. We went together to see the school counsiler today, and I think he's doing better. I'll keep those resources in mind, though Smiley Happy

Highlighted

-  I'm so tired.

+ I think I've figured out the stuff I need to do tomorrow and have set myself up to do the important bits and can go to bed now.

-  I feel too tired to go to bed.

+ That's nonsense.

-  It might rain tomoorow.

+ Future me's problem.

-  A lightbulb blew.

+ There might be a spare in the cupboard.

-  But I cbf'd checking.

+ Also can wait til tomorrow.

-  Nooooo.

+ Yes.

Hey @Bay52VU, how are you going today with the things you'd decided you'd do yesterday?

What's concerning you about the rain? is that something you need to be worrying about?

@Lahna I did two of the things but left something at home so I can't complete the 3rd thing... And am waiting on a reply to say what I need to do for something else. And the 5th thing I'm still procrastinating on.
The issue with the rain is that I ride my bike to work and would have to organise alternate transport (but would still get wet cause there's no good bus route) if its raining.
I'm still really tired and it's super distracting.

@Bay52VU I really hope it didn't rain on you and that the person replied to you so you could get that other thing done. 

Negative: a classmate who I actually liked talking to decided not to talk to me today and I don't understand why.

Positive: I need to think more rationally about this. They did speak to me, I'm being irrational and feeling that they dislike me because they didn't talk to me enough

Negative: I was super anxious in class today and couldn't answer questions with anymore than a mute shake of my head. Cried all the way home. I don't understand why I can't just be normal like other people. 

Positive: I have an anxiety disorder, it's an illness and it causes this. It's not a character failing. 

Negative: I want to die so badly. 

Positive: I see my psychologist tomorrow and we'll talk about it. I'm safe tonight anyway.

Hi @DruidChild, I'm really glad to hear that you're safe for tonight but I'm just checking you have a safety plan and you know that you can contact the Suicide Callback Service on 1300 65 94 67 if you need it.