cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moved:

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

This post has been moved to a separate thread to comply with community guidelines and user has been notified.

Negative: I've been feeling a bit lonely lately and cancelled plans with a friend on Friday due to my anxiety.

Positive: I caught up with a friend last night and am catching up with another on Friday.

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Negative: I've noticed that I've been engaging in some pretty bad self talk lately.

Positive: Noticing it is an important step in tackling it. Changing self talk is a process that I need to be patient with and I should be kind to myself in the meantime.

I try but it's very hard to just say those words. It's almost a sense of shame because I've gotten to such a point where I can't do it myself.

@FootyFan26 It can be hard to see the positives when we're going through a tough time. Is there anything you'd like to talk through some more and process and problem solve with us? 

@Randomness that was just a continuation from yesterday. There aren't really any positives anyway until I speak up.

Negative: I almost went and ended my life on yesterdays original plan

Positive: I let my case manager try to change my mind - ended up at the gym

Negative: a glass shattered in my hand last night

Positive: my hand seems to have stopped hurting

Negative: it's too hot to take my gingerbread house to my family today (long drive ahead)

Positive: I might start another tomorrow Smiley LOL

- I did a thing even though I knew it would make me feel horrible afterwards and now I'm anxious as hell. 

+ I have the power to make choices about what I do and I can choose not to do this thing again.

Neg: I feel pretty dumb for not understanding something. Then today an old lady asked me to help her check her the catalogue at the supermarket and had to actually stand there and work out what it said. I've always been dyslexic so the simple reading of something shouldn't really be a big deal for me anymore, it's more that I don't understand down thing so simple and ugh I just feel like a complete mess intellectually
Positive: I have definitely gotten better with these things over time and there is still hope for me, I mean I did learn to swim at 20/21!! That's pretty good! And I might not be so great with the learning stuff but I'm good at hands on things. I'm not going to let this put me down so much
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Hey @DruidChild sorry to hear you did something you regretted and were feeling anxious. I think it's great that you're able to recognise that you have a choice and that you're choosing to not do the thing again. Is there anything we can do to help you maintain that choice? 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //