cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Hi @loves netball,

Sorry to hear about the nightmares and that you've read triggering content on RO. Do you think you might feel better if you tried not to read other posts? I know that seems a bit extreme, but It seems that reading other's posts leads to self harm for you. 

Maybe you could try calling Lifeline. Have you spoken to them before? Their number is 13 11 14 (then you can speak to someone without seeing what other people post). 

Well done with the running.

Here to help,

Lahna

Highlighted

Hey @DruidChild,

It seems like you feel as if you're at the end of the road. I'm really pleased to hear that although you've been through hell and back this year, that you have faith that your life will improve. I think this is the first step - believing that it will get better.

I haven't been on the forums for a while so I'm sorry if someone's already asked you this. Have you got a counsellor or a psychologist to chat to? Or do you think that seeing your doctor could be an option?

Intrusive thoughts are really hard to deal with, but for today everytime you have one just say to yourself something like, "I notice that I'm having an intrusive thought" and try to focus on what your doing (even if it's watching TV!) Try to be kind to yourself. You are doing well.

Here to help,

Lahna

Highlighted

Hey @Lahna. It's good to see you back on RO Smiley Happy

It's been such a huge and painful year and I'm really struggling with the idea that I have to walk into the next year in the same headspace as before. I want a new personality for New Years! Smiley Tongue I'm trying to hold on to the idea that things will get better. Another thing is really encouraging me to keep going as well, the idea that queer existence is an act of resistance. That thought pretty much kept me alive in hospital. 

Thanks for the suggestion! I see a counsellor and a GP and supposedly I was discharged into the care of my local mental health team but they're fairly useless. So I do have support.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey @DruidChild,

Thanks for welcoming me back Smiley Happy

If that was helpful for you then please hold onto that thought. Write it down on paper and put it in your pocket, set it as a reminder on your phone, keep it somewhere special. It is a special and helpful thought to hold onto. 

I wish that the new year worked like that, but 2017 is really just a number and time is fluid. Its one of the things we cannot control . I'm sure you're practising self care and "all of that stuff", but maybe it would be a helpful excercise for you to write down or think about one thing you were proud of in 2016, one thing you want to improve on (that's achievable), and one thing your looking forward to. 

It's hard going into 2017 thinking that you're still in the same headspace, but gosh - you got through 2016 and that is awesome! we are so glad you are here. 

Hopefully you can find a more helpful counsellor.

Lahna

Highlighted

I'll put it in my phone @Lahna Smiley Happy That's a good idea - some good things did happen in 2016, as well as all the bad stuff. Oh yeah I think I said that wrong - my counsellor is great! The mental health team just aren't super helpful. Hope you have a good nye.

Highlighted

Please don't hurt yourself @DruidChild; please be safe; thinking of you Heart

Highlighted

I'm okay @loves netball. Please be safe too Heart

Highlighted

-  Still feel like I want to hurt people.

+ Watching The Force Awakens atm.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Highlighted

Hey @Bay52VU we are worried about your safety. I just want to remind you that if things get overwhelming it might help to access some extra support tonight. Please take care of yourself tonight. 

Highlighted

Yeah sure </sarcasm>
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________