cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Seriously impressed - again - with your strength getting through hard times @loves netball, those positives are great. We're here to help you plan the weekend and debrief afterwards Heart

Thanks @DruidChild, I have 3 hours to plan my weekend and um I started it on the keeping safe after dark thread last night

Negative: I feel like a failure and a burden to everyone around me. Why do I keep wasting people's time when I never get any better?

Positive: they obviously believe in me because they're still trying to help me. If they truly thought I was beyond help they wouldn't still be putting in the effort

Negative: everything is just going to get worse

Positive: I don't know that. I can't predict the future

Negative: I want to die so so badly all the time

Positive: I haven't attempted anything yet

You've done a fantastic job turning those negatives to positives @lokifish! Nobody is beyond help and with the right support you CAN recover. I wish there was something I could say that would make it better, I'm thinking of you Heart

@lokifish I love and totally agree with all those positives and I'm so proud of you for continuing to do your best to get through this, even though it seems really tough. We all care about you and believe in you so much! Heart  

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

Neg: have a migraine
Pos: took some time for myself, did some self care things. It's getting better
Neg: I've had some anxiety today
Pos: but I'm getting through it

You got this @Creativegirl12! They were some excellent negs into pos's Smiley Happy

Neg: woke up with nightmares, thinking spirits were trying to kill me

Pos: called SCBS, then tried to go back sleep with big ted, but didn't, so watched netball

Neg: started feeling really scared about being in my room

Pos: went and made food because I have work tonight

Neg: started shaking and going hysterical for a couple of hours

Pos: tried STOP skill, hugging big ted, putty; came on RO (not sure if that's a positive Smiley Indifferent)

Neg: got too scared to go in my room; I couldn't stop shaking and wanted to do something very unsafe

Pos: finally got through to the same person at SBCS again, had a shower (and changed my clothes like 3 times Smiley Tongue)

NICE ONE @loves netball that was a tough morning and you were really amazing Smiley Happy

@Ben-RO I want to take big ted with me to my appointment but it might look a little weird carrying a giant teddy Smiley Tongue