cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: There's a fair bit of difference between what I want to be happening in my life and what is actually happening in my life right now in a few different areas

Positive: Some of that stuff is out of my hands, but what I can do is focus on the things I can change and work towards making them better in the best way I know how

Negative: stupid fucking redhead for failing everything. I can't even succeed at killing myself.
Positive: ?

Negative: my stupid hand. I can't even text properly
Positive: the physio said it could get better in maybe a year.

Negative: I'm a worthless piece of shit
Positive: somehow people still care.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@redhead sounds like you weren't in a good place last night. How are you today?

I'm so glad you're still here. You are so important and valuable. Heart

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

@redhead you're a valuable, inspiration and awesome member on RO. Sometimes life is tough, it's not your fault, hope it does get easier for you <3.

Neg: woke up way too early in the morning after having weird dreams and couldn't sleep afterwards
Pos: I'll have an easy day, go to bed early today
Neg: I can barely move my neck without cringing in pain.
Pos: I'm seeing my physio tom.

Neg: Spent a lot of last night doing school work when I really should have been asleep, didn't even manage to finish it, so I'm tired for no good reason. I had a maths test that I totally wasn't ready for. I couldn't join in with surf life saving or soccer training because I'm still recovering from the flu thing I had a few weeks ago. Frustrated.

Pos: I don't need to worry about finishing work in the middle of the night, I can catch up what I've missed over the holidays. Pretty sure I at least passed the maths test. I got to pat a really cute dog at the beach even though I couldn't go in the water. I can probably do training next week - I'm getting slowly better, which is awesome.

negative: I'm feeling super overwhelmed by everything i've committed myself to. I don't know if i can work 3 jobs and babysit my nephew and finish my honours year at uni. It makes me anxious when I think about my life schedule and especially when I see it written down in my planner every week. I know its only going to get busier as the year goes along.

positive: I am lucky to live in a country where I can afford to work and study at the same time, a lot of other people don't have the chance to even go to uni because they can't afford it or aren't allowed to get higher education. Being busy means my life is full and thats not always a bad thing. Having people that rely on me also means having people in my life that love and value me. Smiley Happy

Negative: the last little while has been really tough and I've struggled a lot
Positive: there are good things happening too, like I think I'm doing quite well with some stuff for the business. Also found out today that I'll be seeing my siblings a fair bit over the holidays which will be nice. I've bought a few things for them to play with if they come over.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Cool reframe @GG-DD!

Oooh @j95 glad to hear some of the business is progressing well! And that's lovely that you'll be able to spend a fair bit of time with your siblings over the holidays!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Neg: emotions I've been trying to push away are coming to the surface
Pos: I think I've got a better handle at this now,
Neg: feeling guilty that I'm not being productive
Pos: I need some time off to relax and take care of myself. Resting and relaxing myself is helping me emotionally and physically,