cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: Had the worst anxiety/ panic I have had in ages when I went to see my bestie today Smiley Sad

Positive: I went anyway despite how bad I felt, it was uncomfortable but I managed to keep it fairly under control and ended up having a wonderful day Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Negative: I feel like I'm a bad friend.

Positive: SHe was asking because she was unsure, she was maybe just a bit concerned?

Negative: I feel bad for talking it off, making it seem as nothing. But in reality, I just don't know where I see teh friendship going. I think it's dead. I don't have teh strength to fight for it, but I can sit back and let it die. i just can't go through that right now.

Positive: I did what I found best at the time. I'm doing my best

Negative: I set out to do work today and dind't do any. Feeling like I may not be able to get any of it done

Positive: I'll do as much as I can. I'm not going to push myself.

Negative: I feel like I'm running away from everything

Positive: I'm doing my best!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Negative: Got a total of about 3 hours of sleep last night! egh
Positive: I slept for a while. Maybe I'll be that tired tonight I sleep properly?

Negative: Realising that it is my niece's birthday today. And knowing that I wont be able to see her, and that she has no idea who I am even.
Positive: It wasn't my choice. I can only hope that in the future I can share some memories with her.

Negative: Said goodbye to a friend for the last time
Positive: It needed to happen, I closed that door so I could open another. I already have other, better, friends so I don't need her anymore.

Negative: My best friend broke a promise to go see a movie with me.
Positive: I know she has anxiety issues that will be preventing her, I can't be mad at her because I know what she is going through, I can just be there to support her

Highlighted

Negative: Fond it hard in my driving lesson today - a new car, totally different make and model, kind of struggled with that. I stalled the car way too many times - I've never stalled it so many times in one drive! & the instructor didn't seem too impressed. I got rather frustrated and felt as though I made way too many mistakes! Grr. Not feeling so great with myself...
Positive: I did my best. I had a new guy 'judging' me (his words) and my driving. It was a whole new car, so to even get through how I did was good! I shouldn't be too hard on myself. I did my best and I didn't crash so that's good. I've got to remember that I'm only learning. He gave me some good tips and pointers which I can try out in our car Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Negative: Didn't get much sleep last night, found it hard to concentrate on anything today, and was falling asleep almost all day
Positive: I did my best to stay awake. I did manage to get a fair chunk of my revision sheet done, I was able to cross it off (even though I didn't finish it, I was happy wiht how much I had done.)

Negative: I had a bad coughing fit just before leaving my throat extremely sore, and now I can't get it comfortable. Feeling like tonstilitis again :/
Positive: I can control it by keeping an eye on what I eat so I don't irritate my throat. I'll have to look after myself.

Negative: Have had a really low mood today. Not sure if it's from the lack of sleep or what, but I've felt terrible
Positive: I didn't have to face the world today. I stayed at home and chillaxed while getting some work done.

Negative: Last time I had this sort of thing with my throat, I ended up taking about a week + off school, went back too quick then had a slow recovery.
Positive: I'll adress that if it comes to it.

Highlighted

Hi, I'm new here. I think this is a fantastic thread. I have been trying to do this lately-

I've heard that for each negative, try to think of three positives (It's hard!) but it really puts things into perspective.

Negative: My car got smashed while it was parked on the street.

Positive: I wasn't in the car at the time, thank goodness!

Positive: The guy who hit my car did the right thing and called the police, who in turn contacted me (He didn't hit and run)

Positive: The guy was driving a comany car so he had insurance and they (eventually) paid up!

Negative: My fiance and I broke up (it happened a few years ago, and it still hurts sometimes. I thought he was The One).

Positive: I was strong enough to leave when I realised it couldn't be fixed and he wasn't the man I fell in love with.

Positive: I know what my deal-breakers are now. I've also learned more about myself.

Positive: I love writing song lyrics and I've written 5 songs about him. It hurt me but at least I made someting constructive and creative out of it.

It's so easy to dwell on the negatives in life. I still do it a lot, but I'm trying my best not to. I'm a pessimist who is trying so hard to be an optimist. Maybe one day it will come naturally!

Highlighted

Negative: Walked through the frint gate at school and realised I have a 500word rational due Friday that I haven't started

Positive: I have a day to do it.

Negative: Reading over the task, I don't think I've done what I was supposed to over the holidays - I think I just complelte ignored/forgot one aspect of the task. aww

Positive: I've got all day tomorrow to do it. I can always be honest and bable on for 500 words about what I have done, and what I am going to do! Opps!

Positive: I can go in and talk to my mentor/ teacher tomorrow to find out what to do

Negative: Feeling a tad overwhelmed with this task, with the prosect of what I'll have to catch up for hte few days I'm in Sydney next week :/

Positive: I can do this! I will get through! I will be able to get it all done!

Highlighted

Negative: Feeling a bit down again.
Positive: I've had a goo day. It's been productive!

Negative: I feel as though I haven't done enough work for my IP at this stage
Positive: I'll continue to work on it while my teacher has my book. I'll ask my mentor what she thinks.

Negative: Feeling a bit negative about being able to get all the work done that I'll have missed next week with going to Sydney
Positive: It's 3 days a total of 8 classes across 3 subjects that I'll miss work in. I'll be fine!

Negative: My teacher wasn't too impressed that I hadn't yet figured out my intention for my script
Positive: He was still overly positive about what I had done.

Highlighted

I may as well start posting now I've read RO for a while now Smiley Happy

Negative: I've had a look at the class lists for school, nman any of my friends in my classes, will be a interesting year.

Positive: There is one friend in m class, at least I'll be able to chat with them. And I might make some new friends.

Negative: I haven't been feeling well the past week.

Positive: I feel just about fine now, getting ready for first day back at school tomorrow.