Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Welcome Clockwork!

Highlighted

Neg: moonlight cinema got rained out!
Pos: We get tickets replaced to go to another session AND I get to go to the indoor movies tonight with my mum and sister anyway! yay!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Neg: I'm missing someone I care about a lot.

Pos: We talk every day and I'll see her in 13 sleeps!

Highlighted

Negative: Looks like there is quite a good chance of it raining Monday to Wednesday in Sydney & most likely going to be colder than here,
Positive: I know this and can pack to conditions and wont get caught out with having to wear wet shoes all day Smiley Tongue
Positive: My drama teacher did say we can expect 4 seasons in one day, haha Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Negative: Got rejected again by another girl
Positive: At least we still have a friendship...
Highlighted

Negative: I have all of this homework to do.

Positive: I can get through it. I'll make a bit of a schedule. I have time.

Negative: I should have done so much better.

Positive: It was my first time, I know what to do now for next time.

Negative: A part of me really wanted it. That parts really disappointed.

Positive: There's still a chance I'll get it... There will be other things that I'll want and I will get. It may be good for me not to put too much on my plate right now anyway. 

Negative: I am feeling a bit down about it/how I did.

Positive: I'll find some things to cheer me up a bit. 

Highlighted

Negative: My GPA isn't high enough to do honours alongside my undergrad degree this year.

Positive: My workload won't be as high as if I was doing honours which = less stress! And I can do post-grad study later if I want to.

Highlighted

Negative: Got into a bit of a tiff with mum earlier about money for the next few days while in Sydney... I felt as though she was implying that I didn't know, as though I was naive and stupid. So I went and cried it out in my room...
Positive: I know it was just how interpreted her response, I know she is worried about finances with this excursion and the one I have to do for English next month.

Negative: I'm a bit worried about certain things with this trip...
Positive: It'll all be fine!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Negative: Am part of a panel speaking to large group tomorrow and am I worried I have bitten off more than I can chew and will screw it up.

Positive: It is a good opportunity for me to build my public speaking skills and beat my anxiety.

Negative: But what if I get so anxious that I cant do it, become sick, or have to leave?

Positive: This is unlikely because I have strategies I can use to help me.

Negative: If I do screw it up my cousin and my friends will be there to see it. What if they think I was terrible and tell others about it?

Positive: They are nice people and will probably be more interested in supporting me than spreading word of my misfortunes.

Highlighted

Negative: Completely forgot about GR sesh on Monday, but wanted to take part when I found out the topic before.

Positive: I suppose I can still read other peoples answers and answer the questions for myself. I was actually doing important things instead of it, so if I had participated it probably would have distracted me and my work wouldn't have been done to the same standard.

Negative: There goes my perfect attendance ideal.

Positive: It was always a bit on the unrealistic side, I'm able to put that energy into a more realistic idea of good enough attendance and then next year can try for the perfect if I want. Now I can allow myself to breath a little and test my resolve by how well I bounce in to tomorrow. I still had the intention of attending, so it's not my fault. Health just had to come first today, as it should on days like today. I also don't have to deal with the heat.

Negative: The work I'm missing out on.

Positive: I know what half of my classes will be doing, one I'm already ahead in, I can do the work I know will be getting done and I have more time to complete the homework due for tomorrow. I should/could be able to get all of my current homework done so I know I'm on top of things.

Anything I'm not on top of I'll sort out soon enough.

Negative: Didn't see friend(s).

Positive: I'll see most of them tomorrow and I can chat to people tonight.