cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Neg: Annoyed that my boss keeps saying yes to doing work this guy that has been so mean to me before and continues to make me feel like crap. He offers us heaps of money and keeps asking us because he has multiple properties and is one of those rich people who can't do anything himself and thinks everyone below him is dirt
Pos: possibly a wash out today so that's good and the job he wants us to do will probably only be a short one
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Great positives @j95!!! I know exactly the type of person you mean Smiley Frustrated I hope you guys get the job done quickly!

@Bee I'm so glad to hear everything went well! Congrats on stepping out of your comfort zone and pushing yourself to finish your shift despite your nerves and the crazy heat- I hope you're feeling really proud of yourself, and that the amazing photos you took are a reminder of everything you can achieve! Smiley Happy 

I'm not too sure about mentioning the crew though sorry, perhaps @Ben-RO or @Bree-RO could confirm that? 

@Bee @Autumn23 you can definitely mention the organisation etc, maybe just not specific names of people. 

I'm a big fan of photography too @Bee!

Oh and regarding your earlier post about taking photos- if you're wondering... You own the images you capture so you actually decide where they go and what you need in terms of credit and anything else about how your photos can be used, not the organisation. So unless they have some agreement saying otherwise prior to the shots being taken, they should do as you say... i guess that doesn't make asking for it any easier though! 

@Autumn23 thank you! it got up to 37degrees I think, and we had hot wind too. And only just missed a dust storm too! It is. I'm starting to get great comments on my work and people like them so I'm really thrilled! I'm planning on doing a shoot specifically for RO to show you guys! (That I won't share elsewhere to keep the anonymity Smiley Happy )

@Ben-RO Thats great to know! I wouldn't be able to even tell you their names as we always referred to them as their crew name - Dauntless Movement Crew. They are Sydney Based!
@Ben-RO When I am finished these several photography projects I'll do a shoot specifically for everyone here Smiley Happy

yeah that's true, but because of the insurance and stuff around taking people's images because quite a few people are under 18, it saves trying to get every parents signature/approval to photograph their child. So the thing was when participating in said events you may be photographed and consent to this and will be used as part of the events stuff. It covers my but. I could publish them as mine too, but I didn't do the prep work. I'm not overly worried though. It's experience none the less Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Negative: I have to go to a party tonight, and I really cannot be bothered... I am so tired I feel I could sleep for 13 years... hahaha 

Positive: Free food haha. Plus, I will see some old friends. 

Negative: I've been stressed about my thesis. I really want to do well but I have been feeling constant pressure. 

Positive: I can use this experience to learn how to relax and take care of myself. It's important that I remind myself that this thesis is not the end of the world and I will persevere. 

@Karinaskii Free food always helps! Smiley Tongue Hope you have fun catching up with your friends, but if you need to bail after a little while for your own wellbeing that's totally okay Smiley Happy

@missep I can 100% relate to that feeling, it was me about a year and a half ago! You sound like you're very committed to doing a good job, but taking care of your mental health is the top priority.

Thank you @Chessca_H!

Thank you for saying that Smiley Happy I hope to think that I'm showing commitment and focus! That's so true. I've really realised this year that it's important to take care of myself and not let stress take over my mental health. 

At parties I'm always next to the food table haha! My boyfriend is like that too! So whenever we go to parties we are both next to the food table Smiley Very Happy @Karinaskii

Neg: Feeling overwhelmed with stuff again. Feeling like I'm just going around in circles.
Pos: I'm starting to wonder if it's not cycle related. My friend linked me to a site about PMDD, and it fits, I just don't know how to bring it up with my GP or Psychiatrist.

Neg: I'm feeling really disengaged and bleh the last few days.
Pos: I've practised some self-care and reminded myself of my good qualities. Including my photography talent which I've been getting into a lot recently

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart