cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

@j95 that's pretty shocking Smiley Sad I'm sorry that's happened. I'd probably look into blocking them or just trying to ignore it if possible Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Neg: I was getting stressed by my spreadsheet assessment as excel crapped itself and wouldn't save me work due to errors. So I lost an hour of work! Smiley Sad
Pos: I took some time to destress and chat with mum.

Neg: It turned into my brother picking fights with me and mum just continued to encourage him with her questions.
Pos: She eventually stopped after I said "Do you have to encourage him?"

Neg: My brother kept going. Now I feel like absolute shit because I was stressed, and my de-stress time turned into being personally attacked for no reason. And now I just feel like crying and it's just overwhelming.
Pos: I've gotten it out, and I kinda understand know why I'm not feeling up to doing more on my assessment. I think now is a perfect time to go watch some more Greys Anatomy and do some colouring.

I'll log back in later to chat and help others. Right now I need some TLC x

Well done on the TLC! You 100% deserve it today. Heart @Bee

Highlighted

Negative: so basically today by a fellow worker, a mate who is fully qualified so supervises me on the job when my boss isn't there called me fucking retarded and asked what's wrong with me when I accidentally made a cut of 80mm instead of 800mm, I'm sure he said 80 but i must of misheard him but it didn't warrant verbal abuse at all, it was a mistake. He said he couldn't believe how stupid I am sometimes.
Positive: I kept my cool and I think that's pretty good for me, I copped it on the chin then asked what we can do to fix it. Although it upset me I kept working and tried to just brush it off, some people have bad days I definitely do.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 sounds like he was being really short with you mate well done on handling that so maturely!

Must of been having a bad day! @Bree-RO I'm guilty of the short temperedness sometimes 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@Bree-RO thank you! I didn't get back online, but I took the time for me which was much needed x

@j95 I am so proud of you for keeping your cool! Well done!

Neg - Tonight's hard and my mind won't stop running through everything

Pos - I had a good day and everything is okay at the moment.

Awesome job of switching the focus @FootyFan26 

Writing it's the easy part Smiley Tongue, doing it is harder.