cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Definitely @FootyFan26! You know what though having the awareness to even think to switch it up in the first place is half the battle so it's just figuring out things that help to distract or calm the mind Smiley Wink 

Highlighted

Neg: today sucked.
Pos: 135 days self harm free, I'm proud of getting to another day today.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@redhead Heart

NEG: I just realised I didn't build my items properly in MYOB, I forgot (didn't realise at the time) to click "I inventory this item" And because I'd entered sales, I stuff couldn't edit them. So now I have to redo the entire thing! ERGH! 4th Myob File... hopefully this one is correct.
POS: I learnt! I also figured out I could export my accounts list and cards etc. So I've done that and imported them into my new file. I exported the journal entries all bar the purchases (which is where I needed the inventory bit). For now I am going to leave it, back it up and I'll import the journal entries, sales, and whatnot tomorrow, and hopefully I don't have to re-enter them all, otherwise, that is 7 pages of data I have to reenter! Oops

Neg: It's 11.35pm and I'm not doing so great at getting into a more regular/better cycle/routine.
Pos: I am trying. I took my night meds earlier so I'll be sleepy soon. Smiley Happy

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Neg: I got super defensive and taken by suprise when a friend tried to set me up on a blind date with their mate. 

Pos: I explained how I was feeling and how I need my friend to recognise that I might not like their mate, and that I felt trapped in. My friend was understanding, gave me a bit more of an introduction to their friend and showed me a photo. So now I feel more comfortable potentially meeting up with this guy for a chat, and he and my friend know that I'm approaching it casually. 

Basically: I communicated my emotions instead of hiding them to please people. 

Neg: Feeling a bit low this afternoon. I got notice I was unsuccessful for the last job I interviewed for. Smiley Sad I'm upset, but I did tank in the interview so I kinda expected to be unsuccessful...
Pos: I know I tanked in the interview. I also know I was in a high state of anxiety that day. I know I went into panic after the interview. I also know that it wasn't my best face and I can understand why I wasn't chosen. Especially after I had the opportunity to sit on the interview panel with Headspace, I know a little bit more about how the process works and what they look for.

Neg: I rang my TAFE teacher for help on one issue, and found another issue while waiting for her to return my call. I fixed the found issue with her help, but wasn't able to work on the next issue as she had to pick her children up from school.
Pos: I fixed one issue (which is the one I forgot about!) My teacher said I could email it through if I was still stuck and she'd have a look in the morning. This particular teacher is easy to talk to and I don't feel nervous talking to her on the phone (Perhaps because I'm used to listening to her voice from the video tutorials online from our online portal..)

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Neg: I lost my best mate of 9 years due to rumours from someone I was fighting with.

Pos: I realised that he obviously didn't know me as well as I thought.

Hey @Niknik, I'm sorry to hear that - it can really hurt when people don't give you credit and turn their backs on you just from a rumour when you've spent so long with them that they should know better...would you like to talk about it more? I'm happy to chat to you on a new thread, if that helps.

Oh, and welcome to RO! I'm sorry it's not under better circumstances, but we're glad you're here Smiley Happy

Hey @Asche,

Thank you but I'm alright with that  situation, he was my best mate but it just shows that he wasnt meant to be in my life.

It took some time to heal from it, and it still hurts when he pops up but it doesn't hurt as much. 

negatives: I'm stressed about balancing uni and work and friends as well as dealing with gf break up issues

positives: i have one year left of uni, then i work, save, and get out of the country !