cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

neg: in a really bad headspace and wanting to be unsafe

pos: I need to stay safe and I've currently got time out so hopefully this will help with my thoughts 🤞

neg: I can't stop thinking about what happened to me when I was on holidays

pos: its in the past now, yes it was very wrong of them. ill do some positive threads and start making my new positive thread to distract myself

@May_ I’m fine I guess, just very painful

negative: really upset because i wanted to smoke after school with some friends but i know I can’t because of my “safety” and rules with mum Smiley Sad

positive: i didn’t really like it last time and i know im just trying to hurt myself by smoking. i know it’s not good and i made a good choice to say no

Neg: Feeling a bit low this afternoon. I wanted to do some study but just not in the right space. I just feel sad.

Pos: I know part of the sadness is because I couldn't find any suitable swimming shorts in town today! and my current ones need replacing soon.

Pos: It's circumstantial, maybe something distracting me from that before I look online might help

Neg: Felt self-conscious after trying on a skimming skirt which wasn't even comfortable

Pos: I'll be okay, I'll look online for the store where I bought my current shorts.

Neg: My foot is sore today :/ 

Pos: I'm resting it now. It's holding up okay considering what I've put it through this week!

Neg: SO many thoughts in my head right now :/

Pos: I'm listening to music with Bluetooth earphones, because cords just annoy me right now

Neg: Said headphones won't connect to my laptop, maybe my laptop doesn't have bluetooth. bugger.

Pos: I'm using my phone Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Negative: i’ve woken up extremely ill, complete with microwave headaches, I have a lot of important things on this week too. I have tried everything, the microwave headaches don’t really go away with anything.
Positive: I’m hoping it doesn’t last long
Highlighted

neg: i just want to kill myself

pos: im safe sadly

neg: haven’t spoke to my khl counsellor in over 16 days (wow man) and of course when i finally feel like talking out all the shit, she isn’t “available”. we are currently not on speaking terms so it’s a bit awkward but you know that’s fine ffs

pos: just gonna take more of a break from her because she isn’t good for my MH

My day started off rough but came around ok when my microwave headache went away... but then
I was in a massive skateboarding incident this evening, basically I think maybe possibly my board hit a bump in in the pavement and I can’t temembrr much else but the positive is we dont think thegfes any brloen bones and the lady who’s is house i endwwx up in front of has been really nice idk whereas my board is but

Neg: Feeling really stressed right now - everything seems to just keep piling up for me and I am struggling to cope. I wrote down the wrong date for a mentoring session and I was really needing it but alas I missed it because I stupidly wrote it on the wrong day in my calendar. I'm super stressed about my course right now. Partially because it's just not making sense and I cannot for the life of me understand half of what I am meant to be doing. I feel useless. I'm also stressed because my enrollment is nearing closer to expiring and that line every time I log in is just stressing me out and my brain just will not work properly. I can't seem to find the motivation to even challenge these thoughts, like why am I feeling so reluctant to help myself right now? Which in Turn is making me feel terrible about myself

Pos: I'm crying as I write this. I'm letting myself feel the emotions. I HAVE reached out to a couple friends about the anxiety and stress I've been feeling a bit recently, but I think I have underestimated this.

I'm learning stuff at work and I am retaining it - I've proved that to myself this week. I am capable of doing things well.

I have reached out to others for help. And doing so they have been able to help stabilise my thoughts a little.

It's okay that I missed the appointment. Yes, it's frustrating for me, but I know it's okay. The mentor knows that I've got a lot going on right now with a new job and hours that I'm not really comfortable with.

Neg: I realised this morning that my rego for my car was going to expire tomorrow! I was also frustrated because not all of my paperwork had come in!

Pos: My mechanic is an absolute legend and was able to give my car the once over and the roadworthy stamp of approval for me with no notice. I cannot thank him enough for his heart where this is concerned. I usually book this about 3 weeks in advance as he is usually super busy this time of year so I was super remorseful for just showing up, but he was okay with it.

Neg: Part of my paperwork didn't come in which was super stressful!

Pos: I went the to broker in town who had set up the insurance and manages the insurance for my family and one of his colleagues was able to see me and look up the file and print the receipt once I'd paid for it! Phew!

I managed to complete the rego today which is a huge relief for me!

Neg: I'm feeling anxious after writing this all out and feeling a little silly for my outburst to my friends group chat in messenger :/

Pos: I am feeling a little calmer though; so that is good! I'm going to message my friends and apologise for my irrationalness and thank them for listening to me Heart

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee I am so, so proud of you for writing this out and shifting your perspective - it can be SO tough.

The feeling of everything piling up is really unpleasant, and I think the fact that you've identified it is great, and the first step to reducing it.   

I'm so proud of you for letting yourself feel your emotions. Cry as much as you need to, and I hope that might be cathartic for you. And maybe do some colouring in, even just five minutes? You're SO good at it! Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Neg: I'm losing cognitive function due to my mental illness. It sucks, psychosis is literally destroying my brain.
Pos: meds help a bit.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire